Chapter 7

The Perfect Date... I Think...

---

(Y/n) pulled Iida through the busy mall. Families, friends, and couples filled every corner of the buildings.

Iida could feel his heart race as (Y/n) squeezed his hand tighter. Not wanting to let go and get separated in the crowd.

While his eyes focused on their hands and heat rising on his face, Iida finally decided to speak.

"(L-L/n)-"

"Oh, Iida." (Y/n) came to a stop, interrupting Iida's small whimpering voice.

Iida looked up, giving (Y/n) his full attention, and was met with quite the sight. Slowly, (Y/n) released his hand.

Face facing Iida, a closed eye smile was placed on (Y/n)'s face as only the side of his body stood in front of Iida's sight. His hair bounced from the sudden turn and his (s/c) skin shined in the light of the sun. Everything around Iida seemed to turn into pink and flowers as the only thing left was (Y/n)'s presence.

"What do you want to do today?" (Y/n) asked, fully turning around to meet Iida. Eyes opened, shining like gems in the sunlight. "I'm honestly down for anything!"

Iida was frozen, not being able to take his eyes off (Y/n). (Y/n), seeing this happened, laughed and decided to continue.

"Just make sure we get something to eat."

Iida was quickly pulled out of his state and started chopping his hand in the air while speaking repeatedly.

"Well, there are many places we can go. For instance, shopping and going to arcades are recommended for good dates."

"Pfft-" (Y/n) covers his mouth after Iida finishes. "You sure did your research."

"But if I'm being honest..." Iida slowly put his hand down to his side and another on his neck. "As long as I'm spending my day with you... I will do whatever."

Iida looked to the side, too embarrassed to look into (Y/n)'s eyes. But because he looked away, he didn't notice the small blush on (Y/n)'s face.

"IIDA!~" Iida flinched as he felt an arm swing over his shoulders and a hand placed over his chest. Heat suddenly rushed to his face, the moment he realized it was (Y/n) who had his arms around him. "Thanks Dude!~"

"Now..." (Y/n) quickly got a hold of Iida's hand and started pulling through the crowd again. "Onwards!... To Food!"

The whole afternoon, Iida and (Y/n) spent it going shop to shop. (Y/n) pulling Iida to anything that interested his child like mind. Or anywhere with free food samples or food in general.

First, going to a ramen shop eating as much as (Y/n)'s gluttonous self could consume. Then, they went into an arcade to satisfy Iida's ideal view of a good date.

And once again they stopped to eat, getting ice cream because according to (Y/n) they still haven't gotten enough food.

While walking around, (Y/n) caught sight of a person in a Pikachu costume. Not wanting to leave without a picture of the Pikachu, he pushed all the children around the person out of the way. Iida stood from a distance, comprehending the sight that was in front of him, as (Y/n) took a picture with the Pikachu while pushing a child away with his foot causing the child to cry.

Afterwards, they tried on many outfits, choosing which ones to buy. And lastly, they bought a box of strawberry flavored ice cream mochi, eating again.

All this time, Iida just watched as (Y/n)'s eyes sparkled with life as he stared at the new volume of his favorite manga. Or the big smile on (Y/n)'s face as he stuffed his face in food.