Chapter Four

Let the Fun Begin

After Izuku managed to tire Enji out - enough that he'd stop chasing Izuku to save energy for the physical parts of the entrance exams - they actually ended up having a nice lunch in Yuuei's cafeteria.

Iida-san - who told Izuku and his not-siblings to call him by his given name. Which would actually make it both easier and harder on Izuku. Easier, because he wouldn't think of Iida Tenya anytime he said Shun's name, but harder because everytime he went to speak to Shun, he kept seeing Iida Tenya in Iida Shun's place - fit into the trio's, which could now be called a quartet, dynamic.

Where Rei was enthusiastic to the verge of breaking down in hysterical panic attacks, Shun was more of a relaxing enthusiastic which helped bring the enthusiasm down from panic attack levels. Where Enji was distant from the group, Shun was always sure to include him in some part of the conversation, and easing off if he saw that the redhead was likely to snap. Where Izuku was self-less, and lacking in confidence, Shun was sure to encourage his skills - "What do you mean, you didn't think you did all that well on the last test? I took a glance - no, that's not cheating - and you had plenty of information down for them to judge!" - and tell him off for putting himself down.

Izuku was happy when Shun didn't even blink twice when he heard that Rei was actually going to support, and when he glanced at Enji, Izuku knew that Shun had earnt some points with the redhead.

"So let me get this straight," Shun pointed his chopsticks at the three of them, "Rei and Enji aren't dating-" Izuku snickered when each party blushed, "-Isamu isn't Enji's brother, yet -" Izuku pouted when Rei snickered this time, "-and somehow I accidentally befriended the son of a powerful family, and his friends?"

"Pretty much," Enji nodded, moving his food around his plate with his chopsticks.

Shun slapped his hand to his forehead and groaned from behind his arm as Izuku snickered and Rei laughed when Enji just rolled his eyes.

"I've probably made so many enemies without knowing it," Shun sighed, lowering his arm and giving a resigned shrug, "Oh, well."

Izuku smiled, "If it makes you feel better, I had no idea who Enji was until he had to tell me. But by then, I'd accidentally already proved myself to be a good friend," he shrugged.

He ignored Rei's teasing, "They're already like brothers. And only two weeks of knowing each other," she told Shun who gaped at the pair of not -brothers.

"You've only known Isamu for two weeks ?" Shun hissed at Enji who shrugged.

"So?"

Shun looked over at Rei who had one of the widest grins that Izuku had ever seen before, "Two weeks," the male deadpanned at her, "They've only known each other two weeks, and they already act like brothers."

"Oh, tell me about it," Rei agreed easily enough, "They keep denying it as well! They're hopeless!"

"And sitting right here," Enji scowled at the pair of them.

Izuku pouted, "And we're hearing everything you're talking about, as well as the rest of the cafeteria."

Shun stiffened when he heard that, glancing around to see that yes indeed, the majority of the cafeteria was staring at the four in mixed versions of amused curiosity. Izuku just shook his head at the glasses-wearing teen.

Rei just shrugged, "Oh, well," she said cheerily, "They can deal with it, or piss off before I make them."

Aaaaaaaand everyone went back to their own conversations. Izuku sighed in relief as the mental pressure of having so many eyes on them eased up.