Yayy!!

I sat on the couch, in my pyjamas, eating ice cream, trying to watch Shrek

I sat on the couch, in my pyjamas, eating ice cream, trying to watch Shrek. I say trying because I keep thinking about my new assistant.

Wait... he is a criminal and I don't even know what he did. 

I'm too tired to give a damn right now. I'll just contact his parole officer.

Mid movie, my phone rang. It was my mother.

"Hi mom" I answered

"Hey baby, how was your day?"

" It was fine. I got my P.A today"

"That's great honey, what is her name?" she sounded too excited

"His name is Lorenzo Valentine."

If I thought she was excited before, she's definitely excited now.

"Is he cute?" she asked, her voice dripping with enthusiasm

"Yeah, you could say that" I nonchalantly replied

"I'm so happy for you, I hope he treats you well."

"He has to, I'm the one paying him," I said in a duh tone

"Anyways, I have to get going, I'll talk to you tomorrow, bye, love you"

"Love you too, bye" with that I hung up

I didn't even notice, that I fell asleep

~~

I woke up, the next morning to my alarm ringing and banging on my door.

"Val! Open this door now, I know you're in there!"

The only person I know that would be bold enough to be banging on my door like a crazy person is my best friend, Melodie.

I opened the door and was immediately engulfed in a big bear hug.

"I haven't seen you in forever!" she screamed directly in my ear.

"I saw you yesterday before I went to work."

"Val, that was like only for two seconds. I thought when I moved next door to my best friend, I'd see her more often."

I rolled my eyes and made a u-turn to my fridge, but Melodie called me

"Val?"

Without turning around, "yes, Mel..."

"I quit my job and I was wondering if I could be your personal assistant..."

Melodie has commitment issues, she can't keep a job for more than a month. She doesn't really need it but she needs to stay occupied. You see... her mother died and left her a lot of money, kinda like what  Princess Diana, left for Prince Harry.

"Sorry Mel, I already have a P.A"

She sighed and plopped down on a chair, she wasn't sad for long because she came up with this brilliant idea. Note the sarcasm

"Let's have a sleepover all weekend, we could go shopping tomorrow!"

"Yayy!!" I said not being too excited about this.

~~

She is lucky I love her.