Chapter I

Note: These are the different speech formats

"Normal"

'Thoughts'

"YELLING"

"Spells"

~Language of the dead~

§Parseltongue§

((Goblin))

[French]

{Latin} 

Mending the Broken

By EldrenSovrano

"QUIET!" His uncle hissed.

Harry whimpered, from the fear and pain of what his uncle was doing to him. The constant tearing and ripping still causing him this much pain since he was little. He remembers nothing but pain from his uncle. His entire life being called 'freak' and 'boy' by one of those meant to protect and love him. He had arrived at the Dursleys when he was 15 months old. And ever since, his life has been nothing but that of a slave. There to do what he was told by his 'betters.' But it got worse when he turned six.

It was Harry's first day of school when this life of pain started. He was given an assignment and was told to write his name down. When the teacher had reviewed the papers, she found he had written 'Freak' at the top. When she inquired as to why he would sign his paper as such, he replied that that was what his family called him. His teacher then informed him of his true name, Harry Potter.

When he had returned home, his uncle had grabbed him and threw him into the cupboard screaming about causing trouble for 'normal' folk. Harry thought that was the end of it, until that night. As he was fading to sleep, the door was wrenched open, and his uncle grabbed him by the hair. He was dragged downstairs and thrown on a table, where he was chained up. The few hours following was the worst pain he had ever experienced. When he was thrown back into the cupboard afterwards, he prayed he never had to experience it again.

Now, nearly five years later, he was still praying. Every few days, his uncle would drag him off into the basement. There, he would have his way with his nephew, never stopping till he was satisfied. That caused these 'sessions' to last anywhere from fifteen minutes to a few hours. And tonight, was one of the longest. He was thrown back into his cupboard after four hours. As he slipped into his inner mind to avoid the pain, he once again prayed for salvation and happiness in his life.

Unknown to many, his prayers were being answered. When he was finally unconscious, a shadowed figure appeared bent over him. This figure was furious with several people, all for how they treated his master. He ran a hand over the limp form, healing as much as he dared to without alerting a certain old fool. The figure looked at his master and said ~Soon you will find what you are looking for.~

This figure has been waiting patiently for nearly two thousand years to once again reenter this world, and nothing would stop him. He has slowly been preparing to aid his young master, and finally had everything ready. Tomorrow, his master would achieve salvation from two unlikely companions.

Chapter I- I'M A WHAT?!

June 22, 1991, Number Four Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey, England

The day began like any other for Harry, as his now natural clock wakes him up. The small two-by-one-meter room was dark, except for a few small rays of light that pass through the grate on the door. He laid there for a while, letting what he referred to as his 'soul' probe his body, and heal it some more. It just finished when a knock was heard on the door.