Chapter VI

Dear Readers,

Here are the updated chapters, which I personally prefer over the old ones. If your just starting, please go back and reread the story. I hope you enjoy and keep an eye out for my upcoming story, The Flame of Undormiel.

Sincerely,

EldrenSovrano -July 14, 2021 

Note: These are the different speech formats

"Normal"

'Thoughts'

"YELLING"

"Spells"

~Language of the dead~

§Parseltongue§

((Goblin))

[French]

{Latin}

Mending the Broken

By EldrenSovrano

Chapter VI- A Mother's Love

The fog cover laid over the City of Lights in the early morning. The scene it made was a sea of creamy foam that lay on the banks of the village and Château. It was this scene that the first of several portkeyed guests would arrive too. At five till eight, the family was dropped in front of the Château, and all stared in awe that sight.

The family of three would appear normal from a distance, but upon closer inspection, several things could be seen. The family was closely bonded, consisting a mother, father, and daughter. All were dressed for a day of fun and relaxation, wearing simple swimsuits and thin overcoats. But it was the way they each stood that set them apart.

Andy was a bit nervous, wondering what she could potentially hear today. She knew what he had been through, but to hear and see it was completely different from reading it. Ted could sense her nerves and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. She took a breath, and gave a small smile, glad for the support of her family.

Ted himself was curious about what Amelia would do. He was an Attorney-at-Law, and would be more than willing to take on this case pro-bono should the need arise. The charges alone against them would see Dursley dead and Dumbledore potential Life in Azkaban. He was also more concerned about who Harry will have to interact with, seeing as they are much older and of a darker nature.

Dora was nervous and scared of how she would be acting today. She was in the Auror Academy, and her potential future boss, Amelia Bones, was going to be here. She did not want to make a bad impression, and was starting to freak out. Her nerves got the better of her when four pops were heard beside her, and she jumped, shrieking like a banshee.

Draco jumped as well, squeaking in a very manly way. Severus couldn't help it, he burst out a laughing, a belly laugh that had everyone surprised. He took a few moments to calm down. Everyone was staring slacked jaw at him. For all of them, it was that he had actually laughed at something.

For the Tonks, it was that he was dressed in black swim shorts, a tank top, and had his hair tied back in a grey ribbon. They had never seen him in such a casual manner before, let alone one that actually showed his youth. Dora could clearly see that, as in school he appeared as a mid-forties, greasy git. Now, he looked mid-twenties, and seemed care free, yet serious, which made him look very nice.

She felt her face go red at that thought, and Andy took a chance at some teasing. She nonchalantly said, "My, my, Sevvi. If you dress like that more often, you wouldn't be such a loner." Dora actually spluttered and said, "MUM!" Everyone burst out laughing at the mother-daughter duo. Until another pop was heard, and all laughing stopped upon seeing the exhausted witch.