Chapter II

Note: These are the different speech formats

"Normal"

'Thoughts'

"YELLING"

"Spells"

~Language of the dead~

§Parseltongue§

((Goblin))

[French]

{Latin}

Mending the Broken

By EldrenSovrano

Chapter II-Plots Uncovered

June 22, 1991: Gringotts Wizarding Bank, Capital Branch of the Goblin Nation, Founders Square, London, England

The day began like every other for the Goblins of Gringotts Wizarding Bank. At Five AM, all the Account Managers had gathered their files and began leafing through them looking for appointments to set up. The Tellers took their stations and began counting the coin that was collected the day previous. All guards took their positions, and at Seven AM sharp, the doors opened to the public.

To many, such rigorous and strict scheduling would be grueling on the mind. The only ones who would be used to such a lifestyle were Aurors and Unspeakables. But for Goblins, it was a way to control their situation in a world where many tried to control them. It was within these marbled halls and vast caverns that they were safe and secure.

For millennia, Goblins had lived alongside their magical brethren on the surface. All that had changed in 1612 AD, with the slaughter of three Goblin Villages up in Scotland. The perpetrators, Bloody Binns and his crew, were arrested and sent to Azkaban for their crimes. The King at the time felt that it was sufficient punishment, but a few factions did not. The consequences for their retaliation were felt even to this day.

The Goblins were barred from owning any territory that was on the surface or within the Hundred meters below it. So, while they had a nearly limitless space, the past 380 years had caused many to regret their decisions. Unfortunately, many still rebelled later, in an attempt to force their freedom. These only caused further problems for the Nation.

So now, they were forced to work as the only banking system in the world. The problem with such a Banking System is that the bankers have all the power. Something that the Goblin Nation has exploited time and time again. As they also controlled Inheritance and Estate Management, they held more power now than they did before. This pleased many of their more, blood-thirsty tendencies.

However, it was rare to see a problem with inheritances, the only time being when twins were involved. In fact, the most common inheritance issue was control over trust faults. One such issue was being handled by King Ragnarök IV, Chief Executive Director of the Capital Branch and King of the Goblin Nation.

He was dealing with the Trust Fault of one Draconis Lucian Malfoy, Heir of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Malfoy. His father, Lord Lucius Abraxas Malfoy, was a shrewd businessman and devout practitioner of the Ancient Rights. The Malfoy Lord was currently signing the final document out in the Atrium of the Bank, a custom that ensured no one was forcing him to sign. The bank was incredibly peaceful, with no problems so far. That all changed at 2:35 PM.

CRACK! THUD!

All quills, coins, carts; everything in the bank stopped at the sound of apparition. They all looked in fear at the sight before them. A large serpent laid curled up on the ground, looking a bit dazed and frightened. A groan could be heard coming from within the serpent's coils, and when it unwound itself, everyone gasped.