Chapter 1: Cinderella

I don't own any of these characters. Have fun reading :D!

It's been a month since the party, no doubt the prince has forgotten everything about me. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

"Cinderella! Come here! We have a visitor!" Anastasia shouts from below.

"On my way!" I shout back, walking down the stairs hoping the prince wasn't at the doorway. No, of course not, otherwise everyone would be screaming and pushing to see him, keeping me inside so he wouldn't be disturbed by my appearance.

I looked at the girl who stood there, who looked much younger than the last time I saw her. Prettier, youthful, someone who I saw as more of as a sister, rather than a mother.

A fairy godmother.

She wore a gown with a light blue bodice and a pastel purple skirt, also wearing a magenta bow on her bouncy blonde hair.

"Oh, Ella!"she said said in pure joy, hugging me despite the various stains on my dress.

"Why...what are you doing here?" I asked, starting to suffocate.

"Let's talk about that later, we're getting late!" she grabbed my hand and and tugged me outside. At first I tried to resist her strength, but then I realized she had magic on her side, and there was nothing I could do about it. It must have been a weird sight, seeing a 19 year old girl being tugged around like a rag doll by someone who wasn't even a teenager yet.

"Wait!" I shouted, and she let go as I fell on my knees to take a breath. When I looked up, a familiar sight stood in front of me. A gleaming pearl carriage, the horses, the footman, everything just as before, but standing underneath the setting sun.

"There's a lot I need to tell you, but we have places to be! So get in!" my fairy godmother said.

"What about my stepmother? And my stepsisters?"

"Oh, they forgot about you. In their minds, their stepfather and second husband never had a child, as it's best they don't make a fuss about you leaving. Now get in!"she shouted, stomping her foot.

I looked down, trying to process all this. When I looked up to speak again, I found myself in the now moving carriage, the fairy godmother across me.

"Sleep Ella," she said in an innocent voice. "We have a long trip ahead of us, and once we get there we have a lot to do".

I looked up at her, and a saw something change in her eyes.

"You trust me, don't you?"

I looked at my hands, and my head shot back up in realization. As a fairy godmother, she was old. But as a human, she was young. Think of it as dog years. Except in our case, it's fairy years.

"Yes, I do trust you," I responded, getting up and sitting by her side. As I leaned on her shoulder, I felt like I was her godmother. She was too young to go through so much for me, and I had to protect her.

Her head tilted back towards me as the carriage starting moving faster than normal, and suddenly, I had a weird sensation like we were in the sky. Probably not, but it felt like it. I didn't dare look outside, and instead closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.