Chapter 6: Prince Charming

I was sitting by the fountain when it came, busy reimagining the moments from when I danced with the girl. I can't believe I forgot how she looked, but I was more focused on what she had to say. She had a bunch of good idea's for our kingdom, and she had a good humor too...and the way she laughed, I can't help but smile just imagining it. But like I said, my thoughts were interrupted when I saw something float in front of me. A blue wisp.

I slowly stood up. Definitely not my imagination, it shone too brightly in the dark. It floated away, moving faster. I looked around me, and before I knew it, I was chasing after it.

I couldn't see where I was going, but I trusted the wisp wouldn't direct me straight into a building. But no, I was running farther away from the kingdom, to places that I haven't been to yet. As a child, I was kept on palace grounds, but the freedom of the courtyard was enough for me. Now...now I realized what I was missing out on.

I laughed as I ran, breathing in the crisp air, but soon afterwards I felt the burn of running for too long. I saw the wisp slow down and stop, and so did I. There was a wall of thorns in front of me, and I easily cut through it with my sword.

Why was that there?

I looked to see a dark castle. Another kingdom. No, the old kingdom. I've heard little about it, but apparently a girl died in here, the last in line. The royal family was in grief and somehow left the power to my family.

Somehow, I found myself in a room, probably walked there half-asleep. It was the middle of the night so I don't blame myself. I looked around and saw a girl. Dead? I walked forward, and surprisingly saw her face not pale and lifeless, but full of life. She was sleeping. But why was I brought here?

I took a closer look at her, and jerked back.

I've seen her before.

She was the one and only Sleeping Beauty.