Chapter 5: Cinderella

We were riding too fast for comfort, but Belle seemed to be an expert at riding, even in the darkness before sunrise. As I looked at the trees, I suddenly realized, why am I doing this? Why couldn't I just run over to Prince Charming and live happily ever after?

Because if it wasn't for Tink, you'd be stuck at home for the rest of your life dimmy, and you want to save people whose fates have changed like-

"Ahh!" me and Belle shouted, tumbling into the dirt. I quickly got on my feet and brushed myself off, and turned to see her doing the same thing.

"What happened?"

"Philippe...he was about to hit a tree and just stopped so suddenly. At least we're all fine," she said, turning around to look at the horse.

"No, he's hurt!" she shouted, running to be at his side.

"Luckily nothing major, but I don't think he should move till he feels better"

"What about your father," I asked, and she looked at me.

"Please, keep going straight ahead. Meet the fairy and have her come here to help, and until then I'll stay here," she said as she stroked the horse.

"But-"

"No, I've lived around here for a while, I think I'll have a better chance of survival than you. Besides, I've read many books about the woods," she said with determination.

At first I stood still, not sure of what to do, but then I shakily nodded.

"Now GO!"

And with that, I was running by myself in the dark feeling glad I didn't have to wear glass slippers.

                                                                  ***

Soon enough, I reached the castle before sunrise, the windows lighting up the darkness in an orange gleam. I walked in through the unlocked doors, scared of what was inside.

"Ma'am, are you a guest?" a man asked in fear. He was short and had white hair, wearing a tux as well.

"Are you Belle's father?" I asked, and he nodded faster than a bobblehead.

"Okay, well, let's sneak out, shall-"

"No one shall be sneaking out," a loud voice boomed through the castle. The beast walked into the entrance, Tink no where in sight.

"I see, you are the girl the fairy has been speaking of. The girl who can lift my curse," he said staring right at me.

"Go on, or face the consequences of disobeying me"

"I...I don't know how, but I would if I could," I told the beast.

"No! You can, she told me so, and if you won't do it the easy way, I guess I'll use force. You can never leave this castle till you lift this curse off me, and if you dare try to leave again I'll lock you up!" he shouted at me.

"Wait! She's just a child!" Belle's father said, but the beast ignored him and walked away. He then turned around to face me.

"Where's Belle?" he asked in desperation.

"In the woods, she's stuck there waiting for help. Philippe's hurt and she doesn't want to leave him alone"

Surprisingly, he looked calm and relieved. I thought he would be frightened at the thought of his daughter out there.

"Belle's a strong girl, she can live a few nights in the woods on her own, no doubt about it. If anything, it's Philippe I'm worried about. Oh, and us"

"We can get out of here if Tink was here. Do you know where she is?"

"Oh! The blonde haired girl? Yes, follow me," he said, walking fast.

"Wait up!" I shouted out, about to lift my skirt to run when I realized I wasn't wearing one. I smiled. These things were pretty useful, but I missed my gowns. The blue dress I wore to the ball, that night...

"Coming?" he asked. I nodded, and then realized he couldn't see me.

"Yes!" I called back. I needed to put my homesickness aside for now. I have to find Tink first.