𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮

"your roommates seem busy these days huh?"

wooyoung commented as he put his lunch on the table after sitting on the empty spot next to yeosang. san nodded and sat on the opposite side.

san usually had lunch with his roommates, but since the day he was left at the supermarket, he liked to tag along with wooyoung and yeosang. that was why he was now having lunch with these two.

"they are preparing for one of my roommate's birthday party. it will be in the beginning of november." san said, "do you wanna come? yeosang too?"

"nah, we don't know him. isn't it weird if two strangers show up at your birthday party?" wooyoung answered, "but why aren't you preparing with them?"

"i'm just lazy." he shrugged, "and it's okay if you wanna come. he's a senior and he said the party will be open for everyone going to this university."

wooyoung asked yeosang and both of them came to a decision of declining the invitation. san didn't want to force them either so he just nodded and started his lunch.

it was two minutes into their delicious food before wooyoung saw san looking away. he brought one of his hands up to hide his face. the way san looked right now was exactly the same as a boyfriend caught cheating on his lover.

"what happened?" wooyoung asked with a judging voice.

san didn't answer, but instead, pointed at a direction he was hiding from. wooyoung glanced on the side to see a familiar face. he knew this girl. she was the one that san brought to his house two weeks ago, or four weeks ago. he couldn't remember but he was sure she was one of san's one night stand.

at least this girl was special than the others since she had been going to wooyoung's house multiple times to ask for san even though he said san didn't live here. he also said that he only let san rent it for a month and that day was the last day san could use his room.

she still came sometimes just to check. probably one of the annoying partners that seemed to develop some feeling towards san. wooyoung didn't really care if they annoy san or not, but they just annoy wooyoung so much.

"why is she here?" he asked.

"she's studying here?" san answered quickly, "don't let her see me."

"dude, why did you find someone from our school?"

"dude, i met her in the club. how would i know which university she is going?"

they were so ready to fight, but yeosang timely got in between to avoid the bickering. and that was when the girl looked this way to see san with wide eyes.

"san?"

san startled when he heard the voice, knowing he couldn't hide anymore. so he just pretended to be surprise and not know she was here.

"oh, hi babe. long time no see."

just by the way san called that girl, wooyoung was a hundred percent sure that san forgot her name. how bad he was.

"i was looking for you." she said, then looked at wooyoung, "oh, i thought you guys didn't know each other and san just rented your place for a month?"

"huh?" wooyoung choked, "oh, i just met him today and knew he was from my school. just like- just like i didn't know you go to the same university with me."

what now? wooyoung had to lie to a person he didn't know because san once brought her to his house.

"oh okay." she nodded, then went back to face san, "hey, are you free tonight? i'm going to the club with my friends. maybe we can meet there and..."

"oops, sorry." san cut off her sentence, "one of my friends is having his birthday party and i need go prepare it with him."

wooyoung rolled his eyes, "thought you said you were lazy."

san didn't know if this girl heard what wooyoung said, but he just quickly stood up, saying that he had to go or else his friend would kill him. then, he disappeared, letting wooyoung and yeosang dumbfounded with the strange girl.

"fuck you, san."

wooyoung cursed before packing up his lunch and pulled yeosang out of the cafeteria.

they chased after san until three of them couldn't be seen from the old spot anymore. wooyoung would never imagine this situation to be happen. when he did nothing wrong and still had to run to save his life. it would be awkward as fuck if he stayed. and who knew what that girl would ask him.

"san, i swear. if it's not because of your car, i wish we were not friends." wooyoung said between his breath.

"yeah, you wish."

three of them tried to catch their breath after the run. not really the run, but more like a hiding fast walking, pretended to be busy.

"san."

another voice behind san's back, making him startled for the second time. please, he was being sensitive now.

"hongjoong hyung!" he yelled, "you scared me!"

"oh, sorry. i didn't mean to." hongjoong rubbed his neck.

"nah, it's fine." san shook his head, "by the way, wooyoung, yeosang, this is yunho, mingi and hongjoong, all of them are my roommates. and hongjoong's birthday is coming this november."

"hi." hongjoong greeted with a smile, "so you are wooyoung. i've heard about you from san before. and yeosang, i assume you are wooyoung's friend."

"yes, we know each other from middle school." wooyoung greeted back with another smile, "by the way, we share the same birth month."

"what?" san shouted in surprise, "you are also november?"

"bro, i thought we've been friends from highschool?" wooyoung sounds sarcastically disappointed.

"haha. that sounds cool." hongjoong said, "wooyoung, yeosang, maybe you guys want to come to my birthday party. it's open for everyone."

wooyoung and yeosang were still strangers to hongjoong, so they kept their decision. wooyoung was about to said thanks and made up some reasons for not coming. but someone walked from his back, stopped by and greeted hongjoong.

"babe, your party will be on sunday, right?" that person asked.

wooyoung used up one second to realize the guy was seonghwa. the hot seonghwa, his hot seonghwa, or whatever. and because he was too focused on the guy, he didn't hear what seonghwa said to hongjoong, thus skipped the way seonghwa called hongjoong, missed the word babe from his mouth.

"yup." hongjoong answered.

"okay, i have part time job. i'll call you later."

then the guy named seonghwa left. three second conversation ended that no one in the group even cared. except wooyoung.

that was when wooyoung answered hongjoong's earlier invitation.

"sure! it would be fun! sunday, right? i'll come!"

san thought he heard it wrong, but yeosang seemed understand the situation.

"i thought he's not going?" san aksed quietly.

yeosang leaned closer, then whispered, "you see the guy just walked by? he's new hot target wooyoung's been chasing."

san widened his eyes, "seonghwa?"

"you know him?"

san froze for a whole minute.

okay.

now, how did san tell wooyoung that seonghwa moved here because his boyfriend, kim hongjoong, was studying here...