Prologue

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is April 12, 2021, and I avidly welcome you to my story! This is not my first rodeo with fanfiction- if you check out my works you'll find 1 complete book about Loki (which isn't very good), as well as one-shots about him in my imagines book. I also have stories for Marvel, Stranger Things, Twilight, Star Wars, and more!

Also if you are a returning reader, hi! It's great to see you and I love you so much!!

"If you stab me brother, I'll tell Mother!" A young 10-year-old Thor calls out to his grinning younger brother.

"Aww, please don't tell her! You know she hates it when I play with knives," Loki begs. Thor begins to say something when the distinct sound of a board snapping catches their attention. The brother's eyes snap to their treehouse where they see the floor give way, and a young girl tumbles out and down the tree, landing on her stomach.

They rush over to her, Loki concerned for her well-being and Thor prepared to kill the intruder. She rolls over on her stomach and her eyes widen at the sight of them. She scampers away and holds her hands out as if they protect her. "Don't come any closer," he sweet voice rings out.

Loki's eyes widen at her. "We aren't going to hurt you, milady," he assures in his young but proper voice. His eyes rake up her body. She's wearing tattered gray rags, and her h/c hair is messy and tangled. Scratches and cuts litter her body and she's skinny with starvation. "Are you okay?"

"She's been sent as a spy!" Thor exclaims.

"I assure you sirs, I'm no spy. And I'm fine," she spits.

"No, you're not. Allow us to help you," Loki asks, inching closer. "I am Prince Loki and this is my brother, Prince Thor. What is your name?"

The girl's e/c eyes flicker between the boys. "...Princess Y/n of Alfheim."

"You're a princess?! You don't look like one," Thor scoffs, crossing his arms.

The newly dubbed Y/n glares at him. "You don't look like much of a prince either. More like a common stable boy playing dress-up. I was...cast out. Apparently I'm not a good enough heir to the throne of Light Elves," she says, tears brimming in her eyes.

Loki's eyes widen and he scoots closer to her, staring at the Princess. His small fingers absentmindly pick at his skin on his hand. Her eyes flicker up and down his body in slight disgust. "Can I help you?"

"Boys," a light and airy voice calls out. Thor and Loki's eyes widen and they scamper up. Y/n bolts to her feet and hides behind the tree at the sight of the gold goddess in front of her.

"It's okay, child. Do not be scared. I'm here to help you. My name is Frigga. Thor and Loki are my sons," the woman says.

Y/n peeks around the corner and looks at the kind-faced woman who leans over and softly smiles at her. "Allow me to heal you, child." Y/n hesitates but steps forward, taking Frigga's hand. She leads all of them back to the glimmering palace of Asgard.

\--/

8 Midgardian Years Later

"The coast is clear," Y/n whispers, peering around the corner of Frigga's chambers. Tucking the spellbooks under his tunic, Loki ducks out of the room. They lean over and run through the open halls of the palace, ducking behind columns to avoid guards and covering each other's mouths to muffle their giggles. 

They pass the open windows into the garden, where Thor, Frigga, and Odin reside. Thor catches a glimpse of the two trouble makers and raises a blonde eyebrow. Y/n presses a finger to her lips and winks at him, ducking away with Loki again. She picks up her skirts and they run up the staircase. She almost slips, but Loki catches her arm and grins at her, hauling her back to her feet.