Chapter 6

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is April 27, 2021. TW//I'm one year sober of self-harm! I'm very proud of myself and want you to know that you can do it too. I believe in you and love you. You're doing SO well and I'm extremely proud of YOU.

WELCOME TO RAGNORAK

"What's on the agenda today?" Y/n asks, fixing her hair in the mirror. Loki walks up behind her, fixing the cuffs on his leather outfit.

"Opening day for the play," he says. Y/n feigns falling back and Loki catches her.

"'The Tragedy of Loki and Y/n of Asgard,'" she gasps. He rolls his eyes and sets her on her feet. They shimmer their usual illusions on and make their way down into the public courtyard, where a large group has gatherd.

Loki sprawls out on a white couch, pulling Y/n beside him. Some people glance at them, but ignore it. Never question the Allfather. They watch the play in silence, mumbling lines and stiffling laughter. "And so Loki died of his wounds, while Y/n was sucked into a vortex, both of them giving their lives for ours. He and Y/n fought back those disgusting dark elves. They brought peace to the realm," Actor Odin says.

A little boy painted blue runs onto a rock. "Loki, my boy...'Twas many moons ago I found you on a frost-bitten battlefield." Sobbing is heard behind them. "On that day, I did not yet see in you Asgard's savior. No. You were merely a little blue baby icicle...that melted this old fool's heart," Actor Odin finished.

The crowd erupts in rapturous applause, leaping to their feet. The actors bow graciously, waving at people. The players bow. Loki leaps to his feet. "Bravo! Bravo! Well done. Bravo."

A distinct deep voice is heard from behind them as Loki takes a sip of champagne. "Father," Thor says. Loki glances behind him and chokes on his drink. Y/n comes up and begins patting his back. "And Asteria."

"Oh, shit," Loki curses under his breath. He turns to the crowd. "My son Thor has returned! Greetings my boy." He fludity is replaced with Odin's usual rigid and regal posture.

"It's an interesting play. What's it called?" Thor asks, gesturing to the stage.

"The Tragedy of Loki and Y/n of Asgard. The people wanted to commemorate them," Loki explains, unable to hide the shake in his voice.

"Indeed they should," Thor commends. He gestures to the large statue of Y/n and Loki behind them. "I like that statue. A lot better looking than they were when they were alive, though. A little less weasely. Less greasy maybe."

Y/n sours, masking her agitation. Thor holds up a large chained skull "You know what this is?" Thor asks.

Loki's eyes widen. "The skull of Surtur? That's a formidable weapon."

Thor approaches a guard and hands it over. "Do me a favor. Lock this in a vault so it doesn't turn into a giant monster and destroy the whole planet."

Loki casually brushes some dust off of the table beside him. "So it's back to Midgard for you, is it?" He asks.

Thor begins yo-yoing Mjolnir, turning back to "Odin". "Nope. I've been having these reocurring dreams lately. Every night I see Asgard fall into ruins."

"That's just a silly dream. Signs of an overactive imagination," Loki waves it off.

"Possibly... but then I decide to go out there and investigate. And what do I find, but the Nine Realms completely in chaos. Enemies of Asgard assembling, plotting our demise, all while you, Odin, the protector of those Nine Realms, are sitting here in your bathrobe with Asteria, eating grapes.

"Well, it is best to respect our neighbors' freedom," Loki insists.

"Of course, the freedom to be massacred.