How you meet | s.m

HOW YOU MET

*7AM*

"Ugghhh" I sigh and smash my alarm clock against my dresser. "This goddamn thing.... my lord" I think and get up. Today is my first day at Tripler Army Medical Center as the new chief of general and cardio surgery. I left the Army 2 months ago. I was an Army doctor for 4 years but then I decided to leave to come back to Hawaii. I quickly dress myself and get in my car.
*your outfit*

It takes me about 20 Minutes to drive there, I was on Kamehameha Highway when suddenly, 3 undercover police cars with sirens drive by

It takes me about 20 Minutes to drive there, I was on Kamehameha Highway when suddenly, 3 undercover police cars with sirens drive by. "Wow there must've happened something big" I think and continue driving to work.

10 Minutes later, I see police cars and ambulances in front of a building. There is a huge line of cars behind the police lock-up and I see many victims from a shooting I think. I quickly get out of my car and run up to the police officer at the lock-up. "Sorry miss you can't cross this line." the officer says and holds his hand in front of him gesturing that I can't cross the line. "I am Doctor Y/N Brown, new chief of general and cardio in Tripler. I can help." I answer show him my hospital ID and he nods. I pass the lock-up and run up to some paramedics. "Hey! Doctor Y/N Brown, chief of general and cardio. What do we have?" I ask one of them who is currently putting some bandages on a patient. "42-year-old woman, strike shot upper arm." he answers. "Drive her in Tripler and page Dr. Lincoln, he is chief of ortho and Dr. Jackson Avery, chief of plastics." I order and the paramedic nods.

"HEY I NEED SOME HELP HERE!" someone shouts from the back. I see a police officer holding another officer who is obviously shot right under his vest. I run up to them. "Lay him down right here. I NEED A CARRIAGE." I shout at some paramedics.
They brought the carriage and we lay him on top. I remove his vest and cut open his t-shirt. "Okay we have a shot in the lower abdomen. I think the bullet got right in his appendix. He needs surgery." I say while examining his wound. I look in the mans eyes and see his eyes full with pain. "Hey look at me. Whats your name?" I ask him. "Steve, Steve McGarrett." he answers. "Steve its going to be fine. I am a doctor at Tripler. We will get you there and operate you. Actually I will." I explain while we push him in an ambulance. "I want the chief of general. He always operates me." he says and groans in pain. "Push one of morphium." I say to the paramedics and turn back to Steve, "You are lucky I am the new chief of general." I smile at him. "Oh okay. Then that's fine with me." he says and the pain killers start working.

We arrive at the hospital 5 minutes later and we push him in the ER. A doctor runs up to him and I identify him as my best friend who got me the job. "Major Owen Hunt. Its nice to see you" I say while pushing injured Steve in the ER. "Doctor Y/N Brown, nice to finally have you here in paradise." he answers and we start working properly. "36 year old Steve McGarrett. Shot in lower abdomen and ruptured appendix. I have to perform emergency surgery and I need an assistant for this. Will you do me the honor and perform it with me?" I ask him. "I will. Lets go. OR 4 is free" he answers.

We push him inside and the anesthetist sedates him. I change into my scrubs and clean my hands. I start performing surgery. "10 blade." I ask and the nurse hands it to me. I open his abdomen a bit to remove the bullet and his appendix. I clean the free blood in his abdomen and sew him up. "Great job everyone, thank you guys. Put him in a room and page me if he wakes up." I say to the nurse and she nods.

I scrub out and talk a bit with Owen. I visited some patients and got paged in the ER once. Suddenly I get paged "911 ROOM 13/4". "Steve McGarretts room" I think to myself and sprint up to his room. I barge in his room and see my attending checking his vitals, he is awake. Why a 911? "What the hell happened? Why do you page me 911?" I ask the attending. "He asked me to. He is Five0, I thought its better to cooperate." he answers and I laugh.
"So there's no emergency?" I ask and laugh at Steve. "No there is none" he smiles. "You can leave. Check on Mrs. Peters in room 23/8 and get bloodwork done again. Check on her leukocytes" I order and the attending leaves nodding. "So let me check on your wound" I say and he moves up his shirt. I remove his bandages and examine his wound. "It looks pretty good. I have to praise myself, I did a great job sewing your wound. Looks like you can leave in about 3 days, BUT you have to take it easy for the next few days." I explain and he nods smiling. "I wanted to thank you for saving my life at the crime scene" he says and I smile at him. "Thats my job. No need to thank me" he smiles back and I stand up to leave.

"Actually.." I turn back around as soon as I hear his voice, "I wanted to ask if you maybe want to go out some time?" he asks and nervously scratches the back of his head. I smile widely and answer, "I would love to." "Perfect." he points to his folded clothes and says "In my back pocket is my card. It has my number on it, so you can call me." he smiles and I take a card from his pocket. "I will check up on you this evening again. If something happens, tell the nurse to page me." I smile and leave his room.