fighting 3 | s.m

*6AM*
I get up and change into some comfort but formal clothes because today will be a long day with a complicated operation.

*your outfit*

 I drive to Tripler and arrive there 25 minutes later

I drive to Tripler and arrive there 25 minutes later. I park my car at the visitor parking lot and take a few deep breathes. I got out my car and enter the hospital.

"Dr. Brown?" says a voice behind my back. I turn around and see my favorite attending, Dr. Mahale. "Dr. Mahale? Its great to see you" I say happily and he walks up to me. "How have you been? I heard you are the new chief of pediatrics." I say as we enter the elevator. "Yes that's right, but why are you here, if you don't mind me asking." he asks curiously. "I will perform a complicated heart valve transplantation on a high-ranking navy today." I state and he looks at me shook. "You will perform that operation? Everybody is talking about the cardio god coming back to Honolulu. Everybody was so curious about who it would be. You are cardio god of Hawaii?" he explains surprised. "Yes that would be me." I say proudly. The elevator dings and I exit it waving at him.

"Come in" I hear dr. Kekoa say as I knocked on his office door. I enter and he greets me with a hug. "Its great to have you back. Thank you for coming" He says and we pull away from the hug. "No thank you for letting me operate" I answer and smile. We talk a bit about life and the case.

*8AM*

I knock on Commander Whites room nervously and a nurse opens the door. "Welcome back Dr." she smiles and I nod. I enter and see him. Steve McGarrett. He looks at me shook but I decided to ignore it. "Good morning Commander White, it's a pleasure to meet you. Even though not under the best circumstances." I say and smile at him. "Please, call me Jo and the pleasure is mine.". "So the operation will take about 5 to 8 hours approximately. Depends on your heart valve's condition and how your heart will take it. We will run another blood work to check it again. There is a chance that you will have some heart beat problems." I explain while looking at him. "Yes the chief of surgery already told me." , "Do you have any questions left, feel free to ask." I smile and Steve decides to speak up. "Will he make it?" he asks anxious. I look at him and see all the pain, regret and anxiety in his eyes. "I am the best cardio surgeon on this island and on the mainland, so yes, he will." I answer honestly. "Thank you for your honesty" I smile and order the nurse to run some blood work. "I will be back in an hour to pick you up for surgery" I say and leave the room. I walk down the corridor to the nurse desk and ask for the file of Commander White.

*an hour later*

"Y/N" I hear my name being called. I turn around and see Steve standing there. I look back down on my file and sigh. I look him in the eyes and answer with a "Yes?" he walks up to me. "Can we talk?" he asks nervously. "Look, Steve," I say and take his hands in mine, "I would love to talk to you and we will, but now I have to prepare your friend for surgery." . "Can I take you out this evening? For dinner at mine?" he asks. "I would love that"I answer and smile at him. I let go of his hands and walk back to Jo's room. "Are you ready?" I ask and he nods. "Steve, I will make it. Cardio god is my doctor." he jokes and all of us share a laugh.

*In the OR*

"Okay guys, let's start this. 10 Blade." I order and I start opening his chest. I operated for about 7 hours and everything went completely fine. "Put him in ICU and page me if he wakes up. Control BP and heart frequency, run another blood work please. " I order and the doctor nods. "Should I inform the family?" a nurse asks but I shake my head "No I will do it. I know his family, but thank you".

I make my way out of the OR and walk up to the waiting room. I see Steve sleeping in a chair looking really uncomfortable. I smile and slowly walk up to him still in my scrubs. I slightly shake him and he shots up, "What happened?" he asks worried. I put my hand on his arm and smile at him, "Everything went well. he is in ICU now and we are waiting for him to wake up. He will be fine Steve". "Thank god" he sighs and suddenly pulls me in a hug. "Thank you so much Y/N. Thank you for coming to Hawaii and saving his life. That means everything to me, I hope you know that." he whispers and we pull away from the hug. "Steve, I am really sorry that I left without a proper good bye and I hope you know that you are really important to me." I say with some tears in my eyes. "We will talk later okay? Somewhere where we are alone." he laughs and I nod agreeing.

"Hey Steve" Jo smiles as we enter the room. "Hey Jo. How are you?" Steve asks and we walk up to his bed. "My chest hurt a bit but besides that everything is fine. Everything went well right?" he asks me. I smile at him and nod, "yes everything went perfect. You have to stay here for another week and then I will release you. But I tell you," I look at him sternly, "you have to come here once a week so I can check on you wound and your blood.". He nods and Steve looks at me shocked. "You will stay here?" he asks surprised. "Yes but just for two weeks, then I will go back to Seattle." I ask and he sighs disappointed. I hear a small oh and weakly smile at him. "Sorry" I mumble and start to leave the room. "I will still see you this evening right?" he asks and I stop and turn around smiling. "My shift is over in 2 hours pick me out in the lobby." he smiles and nods.

I leave the room and make my way to the chiefs office.