we need help | s.m

*RANDOM*

I am a doctor at Tripler Army Medical Center, chief of general and cardio since 3 years now. Steve and I are dating ever since and I am the happiest I have ever been.

*your outfit*

Today is a normal day

Today is a normal day. I got up at 5AM this morning, got ready and drove to Tripler. Steve and his team are in Quarantine in Kings medical for 2 weeks, because they came in contact with a chemical virus. Its now 3PM and I am in the ER taking care of a patient with a cardiopulmonade.

"Okay we have a cardiopulmonade. I need the biggest needle we have." I order and a nurse hands me a huge needle. I quickly push the needle in his torso between his ribs to get the free fluid in his heart pouch out. I pull out the blood and say "Put him in ICU and page me if his condition changes. Control his BP and heart condition." I pull off my gloves and get out the ER room. "Can you hand me the file of Mr. Thompson, please?" I ask the nurse sitting behind the entry desk. she hands me the file and I start working on it.

Suddenly I get paged. "911 Chiefs office" I hand the file back and start jogging up to the chiefs office. I knock on his door and hear a silent "Come in" from his room. I open the door and get inside "Whats wrong chief?" I ask because he looks extremely worried. "Kings Medical needs you for a complicated heart, lung and torso operation." he says with a worried tone. "Don't they have their own chief? I have patients to take care of." I answer. He sighs and talks a bit louder now "You are the best cardio surgeon the island has, they need you or the patient won't make it.". "Okay okay I will do it. " I answer taking the order. "There is something you need to know" he says before I could leave the room. I turn around and nod "Its Danny, the patient is Detective Williams" I look at him with wide eyes and run out of the hospital quickly. I get in my car and call Steve.

"McGarrett?" he answers his phone and I can hear the fear in his voice. "Steve? What the hell happened to Danny? I thought you guys were in quarantine." I shout. "He got shot Y/N. A guy came inside the room and shot him. He placed a bomb on the door so we couldn't get outside. Grover saved us and now he is in the OR." he says and I hear him cry silently. "Hey Steve, babe its going to be fine. I am on my way. I will be there in 3 minutes and will operate him. I will save him, he isn't going to die." I say to him to comfort him a bit. "I know babe, I am just scared" , "And that is totally okay, you are allowed to be scared. He is your partner and your best friend. I am here now. I need to go inside. I will come to your room when I finished" I quickly get in the hospital and say one last thing to Steve before hanging up, "It will take a while, but I will send a nurse for hourly updates. I love you Steve, bye" I say before hanging up.

"What do we have?" I ask the doctors and nurses in OR4 which is Dannys OR. "Danny Will-" a doctor starts but I cut him off "Listen, I know who he is , he is part of my Ohana and he isn't going to die got it?" I ask with a sharp tone, but they all nod. I take a closer look at the operating table and see Danny with an opened chest. "Who the hell said you could start? What did you do?" I shout at them with a sharp tone "Dr. Jester, chief of pediatrics said we should start. We wanted to wait but he opened his chest and then left." an attending answered. „he is not even a cardio surgeon my god" I say "I will get him fired." I think and concentrate myself again. I try to push away the anger  I have to save Dannys life.

"God, now, tell me about the injury." I say and start looking for the bullet. "He got shot in the upper shoulder right upon his heart. He has a bleeding in the heart muscle and an uncontrolled bleeding in the chest. The doctor  opened his chest and controlled the heart muscle issue. We tried to find the bleeding but we couldn't." I take a closer look at his torso and immediately know what's wrong. "Oh god, he has a ruptured aorta. I need to sew it. 3 millimeters proline." I order and quickly sew his aorta. No complications with the sewing but suddenly his BP and heart beat is dropping. "Chamber fibrillation! I need the  internal paddles ." I quickly used it on his heart and then massaged his heart with my hand. "Come on Danny, you got this. Gracie needs you. We all need you " I whisper and continue with the heart massage, "We have a pulse, he is back" the anesthetist says. "Good, now we need to sew him up and get him in ICU" I say and sigh.  I sewed him up and the nurse puts him in ICU.

I quickly go to the chiefs office to take care of the issue with Dr. Jester. I knock on Dr. Mahoe's door and enter. "Dr. Y/N Brown. Its an honor to meet you." he says and shakes my hand. I smile at him and say "I wanted to tell you about what happened in my OR." , "Yes of course sit down please. " he answers and points to a chair in front of his desk. I tell him about the issue in the OR and he was shocked. He decided to talk to Dr. Jester about it and maybe even report him because the OR was obviously under my control and I didn't gave him permission. "Thank you so much for listening" I say smiling at him . "You are welcome here every time." he smiles back and I leave the room to find Steve.

I get out the chiefs office and make my way to a OnCall Room. I get in there and cry. I was so scared and I couldn't hold my tears back anymore. After 5 minutes, I am back to normal. I quickly left the room and make my way to the quarantine station.

"Excuse me?" I ask a nurse working there. "Where is Steve McGarretts room?" she looks confused and looks me up and down. "And who are you? Ive never seen you here" she asks annoyed. "Dr Y/N Brown, chief of general and cardio at Tripler Medical. I came here for a cardio emergency. Can you please tell me where his room is?" I say demanding. "Yes sorry for the misunderstanding" she answers intimated "He got out of quarantine 2 hours ago. He is in the waiting room". "Thank you" I say and quickly run to the waiting room.

I See Steve with his head in his hands and all the others with him. I enter the room and Steves head shots up. "Y/N!" he shouts and runs up to me hugging me deeply. "Hey babe" I whisper. We release from the hug and he gives me a passionate kiss. "I missed this" he says and I smile at him. "How is Danny?" Junior asks. "He is fine. I had to sew his aorta, due to a small rupturation. His heart stopped beating for 2 minutes but I was able to get him back. He is in ICU and we will visit him now. Come on." I explain and they follow me to Dannys room.

"Hey guys" Danny says silently as we entered the room. "Hey Danny how are you?" I ask. "My chest hurts like hell, but beside that I am fine." he answers. "We will move you to Tripler tomorrow so I can take care of you while you have to stay in hospital." I say and they all looked at me shocked. "I thought usually
just Army's, Navys and bomb emergencys were allowed there?" Steve asks confused. "I am the chief of cardio. I asked the chief and he made an exception." I explain and they look at me with a thankful look. "You are in the best hands" I smile and Danny nods thanking me.

"Can I talk to you outside please?" Steve asks me after staying in Dannys room for 2 hours. "Yes of course" I say and we excused us to leave the room. "I wanted to thank you." Steve says taking my hands in his. "Danny is so important to me, he is part of my Ohana and you saved him. You saved his life and I can't thank you enough. You are the best that ever happened to me. You are saving all of our lives." he laughs and I chuckle. "Its my job Steve. And I happen to be the best in Hawaii so you can call me the cardio god of Hawaii now. I will do everything for you and I promise you, I will always save your asses when you are on my operating table." I laugh and Steve joins me. We share a passionate kiss that lasted a bit longer than usual. We pull away and our foreheads still touch. "I love you so so much babe" he whispers, "And I love you"