Chapter 2

Camila made it to the cafeteria almost in one piece. A girl with long blonde and brown hair ran into her, knocking her over. "Oh shit! I'm sorry," the girl said helping Camila up. Camila winced slightly once she was up and straightened out. This didn't go unnoticed by the unknown girl. "Hey, are you alright?" She asked. Camila looked up at the girl nervously, but only for a second before bowing her head down."Fine." Camila whispered. The girl frowned seeing how shy Camila was and her shaky demeanor.

"I'm Dinah!" She reached her hand out being friendly but Camila didn't grab it, instead she scurried away. Dinah shrugged, and wondered why Camila didn't shake her hand. It made her feel bad. "Okay, weird." And went back to her group of friends.

"Hey babe." Normani, Dinah's girlfriend greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. Normani noticed her girlfriend's change in demeanor. "What's the matter." She asked Dinah, sensing something was wrong with her girlfriend as she sweetly kissed her nose. Dinah just shook her head, she couldn't shake the fact that Camila wouldn't grab her hand. Dinah was always a nice and made friends easily, she felt sad when the smaller girl wouldn't shake her hand. Most people would forget about it but Dinah couldn't, she wanted Camila as a friend. "Nothing babe, have you seen Lauren? I need her to help me with this Algebra problem." Normani tilted her head to the side. "Why didn't you just ask me?" Normani questioned, Dinah laughed and Normani hit her playfully. "No offense Mani... but you suck at math." She laughed again, this time Normani with her. "Well that's true." She giggled.

Lauren had just left the house with her siblings in tow. The rule for to have a car was she had to bring her siblings to school on Mondays and Wednesdays or whenever Clara had already left the house early.

"Chris what did I tell you about messing with my radio!" Lauren groaned as her little brother laughed at his sister's annoyed state. "Ow!" He yelped when Lauren punched him in the arm. She smirked and changed her radio back. "Hey Tay, you have cheer practice after school right?" Taylor nodded. "Okay just making sure, I have basketball too so I might be a little late getting you and Chris." She told them, they both nodded. "We could just ride home with Mom." Chris suggested and Lauren hummed in agreement.

All the Jauregui children participated in some after school sport. For Taylor, it's cheer, Chris football, and Lauren basketball. They were an athletic bunch of siblings. They always supported each other one hundred percent when it came to their games. Chris would always go watch his sister play and his other sister cheer. He enjoyed being there, sometimes even rooting the loudest for his sisters. Taylor and Lauren would come watch Chris dominate the football field. They always stood up for one another, especially Lauren. She doesn't play when it comes to her younger siblings, if anyone messes with them, Lauren will surely beat their ass. Yeah, they might annoy her but she wouldn't hesitate to fuck someone up if they did anything them. She loved them to death and was very protective over them.

They all entered school five minutes before the bell rang. They went their separate ways, Chris went to find his girlfriend, Taylor her group of friends and Lauren stopped by the cafeteria where she knew her friends would be.

"Hey guys," she greeted two of her favorite people. "Laurenza! You're late." Lauren rolled her eyes and took a seat at the table. "Dinah needed help with an algebra problem and she wouldn't stop annoying me." Normani spoke with an un-entertained expression. Lauren laughed. Dinah pouted and pushed her girlfriend. "Shut up, you love me bugging you." Normani kissed her. "Yeah, you're right." She smiled.

"Do you still need help DJ?" Lauren asked her best friend. "No, I got some other senior to help me." She answered, Lauren feigned mock hurt. "How could you betray me like that Dinah Jane!" The Polynesian playfully slapped Lauren and grabbed her books as the bell rang.

"See you at lunch babe." Normani kissed her girlfriend goodbye since she wouldn't be seeing her until after 5th period because the younger girl was a junior and her and Lauren were seniors.

Lauren waved goodbye as well and headed to class with Normani. They took most of the same classes together, they have since they were like five years old. Lauren and Normani have known each other basically their whole lives, they're practically sisters.

They entered first period right before the bell rang. "Ugh Chemisty, someone set me on fire." Lauren complained as she took her seat beside Normani. Normani laughed and told Lauren to shut up. That's basically how class went. Lauren would complain and Normani would tell her to shut up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camila sat in first period with non other than the girl that knocked her down. Camila wasn't rude, even though she felt like she was coming off that way it was just she was nervous and scared not to mention shy.

Dinah noticed Camila in the back and was determined to have Camila as her friend. She walked over to the empty seat by Camila and sat down. Camila was shocked because no one in any of her classes sat by her except one girl in study hall. Her and the girl never really conversed but Camila liked her presence.

"Hey," Dinah whispered. Camila lifted her head and pointed to herself, surprised someone was talking to her. "Yes, you silly." Dinah chuckled. Camila mumbled a small hi back. She lifted her hand out for the brunette to take. "I'm Dinah," she introduced herself again. This time Camila took her hand, "Camila," she whispered.

Dinah smiled, she felt accomplished. Camila might not be her friend yet but it was definitely a step up from this morning.

They sat the rest of the period in silence, Dinah content in knowing the Camila gave her, her name and Camila in knowing someone was willing to talk to her. That alone brought a smile to her face.

Lunch soon rolled around and Dinah was more than happy to be back with her girlfriend.

Lauren had to run a quick errand for her mom before she could meet up with her friends at lunch. She had to go and get her mom lunch which she thought was ridiculous since her mom didn't have a class this period and could get lunch on her own.

"Here you go Mom." Lauren handed her mother the bag of food. "Thank you, you are the bestest daughter in the world." And kissed her daughter's cheek. The green eyed girl rolled her eyes and yelled, "Yeah right!" before leaving the class.

She looked out of her classroom and saw just who she was looking for come around the corner. "Camila!" She called out. Camila lifted her head at the sound of her name and connected eyes with the teacher. Clara smiled and gestured for Camila to come to her class.

Camila was confused as to why Clara would want her but she went to the older brunette's class anyway. "Hey Camila, I forgot to introduce myself this morning. I'm Clara Jauregui." She said and stuck out her hand, Camila shook it awkwardly and let go. "I um, got you some lunch." She said and handed Camila the bag.

Camila's eyes lit up like a little kid in a candy store. She couldn't be happier that someone would do this for her. It's just a simple gesture but to Camila it meant a lot. She hadn't had proper food like this in a while. She began eating it right there, hurriedly, like it was her last meal. "Thank you." She managed to squeak out with a mouth full of food, causing Clara to chuckle. "It's fine sweetie." Clara said.

Camila stopped eating, she knew she needed to save some for Sofi when she picked her up after school. She always saved food from the cafeteria just so her sister would have something to eat when she worked after school.

She set the food in the bag and placed it in her back pack. "Thank you." She said to Clara again. She smiled and lightly placed her hand on Camila's shoulder.

"If you need anything, I'm always here. Okay Camila?" Camila smiled and hugged Clara. Which surprised the teacher but made her heart swell nonetheless. Clara hugged back but Camila jumped away once she hugged a certain spot.

Clara gave her a questioning look, "I uh, I gotta go." Camila whispered before jetting out of Clara's classroom.

Camila was grateful for what Clara had done in the past day, it's meant a lot to her but she couldn't let Clara in. She doesn't want to be disappointed once again but deep down Camila knew that things were about to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
here's chapter 2 😊 comment what you guys think? and oh im norminah af if you were wondering lol