Chapter 4

Camila and Sofi were on their usual bus ride home. Camila dreaded going home everyday, she hated it there. She hated going back to those no good parents of hers. They didn't take care of her or Sofi, it was all up to Camila to provide for them, which was pretty tough for a 16 year old.

Camila walked into their disgusted smelling house, where her mother was passed out on the couch and her father, was out who knows where. Camila went to the fridge to see if there was anything in it, and not to her surprise, there was nothing but an old turkey sandwich from a couple of days ago.

She got that sandwich out and warmed it up. She went up to her and Sofi's room and handed her sister the plate.

"It's all we've got right now, butterfly queen." Camila said to her little sister, Sofi didn't complain, she just ate the sandwich. It didn't matter to Camila if got anything, all she cared about was Sofi getting fed.

She hated the fact her sister had to deal with this. She really wishes she could provide her with a better life.

*******

Lauren was just getting home from basketball practice with thoughts of Camila running through her mind, she doesn't know what it is about her but she feels like she has to know her, and that's exactly what she's going to do.

She decided that the next time in study hall she would try and spark up a conversation with the younger girl, she just hopes Camila will be willing to talk to her too.

"Hey, Mami." Lauren greeted her mom with a kiss. "Ew, you're so sweaty go take a shower, dinner will be ready when you get done." Lauren nodded and went upstairs to shower.

When she finished dinner was ready and her family was sat at the dinner table. "So how was your guy's day?" Lauren's father asked his family as he took a bite of Clara's meatloaf. "Mhmm good," they all shrugged.

Lauren's was unbelievably good considering she got Camila to blush, just thinking about it got her smiling. Her parents seem to take notice their daughter's behavior and gave each other looks before looking back at Lauren. "So Lauren," her father started. "Got a girlfriend?" He smirked. Lauren almost choked and her cheeks flushed red.

"No!" She exclaimed and her family just laughed. "Looks like someone's got a crush!" Chris bobbled his head teasingly at his sister. Lauren glared at him and kicked him under the table. She smirked when he yelped out in pain, Clara gave Lauren a scolding look and she mumbled a sorry. But smirked when Chris was glaring at her.

Lauren came out to her parents her sophomore year. She was extremely nervous about it, no one knew but her best friends and they were definitely supportive of her. Her parents took it so much better than she thought, she still laughs at the memory.

*flashback*

Lauren stood in her room pacing back and forth. What she was about to do could change the way her family sees her forever. What if they don't take it the way she wants? What if they put her out? What if they don't love her anymore? So many negative thoughts racked her brain, she almost backed out, until she heard loud laughter downstairs and decided it was now or never.

She walked down to find her parents on the sofa watching Friends and giggling. It was a cute sight, her parents were still so in love after 17 years, she wishes to have that one day.

She sat down on the love seat adjacent to her parents. "Mom, dad, can we talk?" Lauren asked nervously. Lauren's dad, Mike, wrapped his arm around his wife and looked at Lauren.

"Sure sweetheart, what's up?" Lauren took a breathe. This is so hard, she thought. "After I tell you this, will you please still love me?" She pleaded on the verge of tears. "Well depends on what it is," her mother joked but fear made it's way into Lauren's eyes at the statement which alarmed Clara. "Hey, I'm joking, we'll love you no matter what honey." She said and walked over Lauren and sat beside her. She stroked Lauren's head and she seemed to relax. Mike nodded his head in agreement with Clara.