Chapter 7

Camila entered Dinah's house with an exceptionally large smile on her face. Her time with Lauren was something she wished she had more of. She really enjoyed the green eyed girls company.

She had her back pressed against the door, smiling like they do in the movies, except this wasn't a movie. It was real and she was crushing hard.

Dinah had crept down the stairs hearing the door open. She saw Camila with a huge grin, she wondered what that was all about. "Chancho!" Dinah yelled and startled Camila. She laughed at Camila's frightened state. "Cheechee, don't do that!" Camila exclaimed.

Just in the short amount of time Camila has known Dinah, they've become like sisters. Camila can come by anytime seeing as Dinah's parents gave her a key, she practically lives there now. Just as much as Dinah enjoys Camila's company so does her parents.

"Who were you out with?" Dinah asked sneakily. "Lauren," Camila couldn't keep the smile off her face just mentioning the brunette's name. "Mhmm, why are you back so late?" She asked. "Lauren wanted to hang out and we got ice cream." She beamed. "So like a date?" Dinah queried. "Wh-what no! It wasn't a date!" Camila replied with a dark blush. Dinah smirked, and chuckled.

"Why didn't you go to practice?" Camila tried changing the subject, the redness in her cheeks still apparent.

Dinah pointed to her ankle, which had tape wrapped around it. "Coach told me rest up, he wants me ready for the game." Camila nodded and was about to walk upstairs. "Not so fast, what did you and Lauren do on your date?"

Camila blushed yet again by Dinah calling her outing with Lauren a date. "We just talked about everything, and nothing at all." The smile on Camila's face made it pretty clear she had an amazing time with Lauren and that made Dinah smile as well.

Ever since the two became friends Camila has been smiling more and has been a lot happier.

"DJ, can you run me to my house? I forgot my wallet there." She nodded and grabbed her car keys.

They made it to Camila's house in 45 minutes. Camila told Dinah to stay in the car, Dinah not thinking anything of it agreed and waited as Camila went inside.

She opened the door quietly hoping not to disturb her parents. She walked into her room and grabbed a bag and put a few of her and Sofi's clothes in it along with a few other essential things.

She looked for her wallet and couldn't find it. She thought she left it in the drawer on her desk. She checked again before walking downstairs.

She made her way into the living room where it smelt of alcohol and smoke. Camila felt the urge to gag at the awful smell. It was disgusting that her parents could live like that.

She found her wallet sitting on the table which was strange. She was absolutely positive she left it in her drawer. She grabbed it and immediately looked inside to find absolutely nothing. She inwardly cursed herself for forgetting it at her house.

Just as she was about to leave, her dad stumbled in, drunk off his ass. "Hey, look who decided to show up." He slurred and walked closer to Camila. "Did you take the money in my wallet?" She asked a question she already knew the answer to.

He shrugged. "What did you use it for?" She asked instead. "More drugs and alcohol?" She pointed to the white substance and pills on the table. "Shut the hell up, it's n-none of your go-goddamn business." Her father yelled and Camila jumped at the sound of his voice. "It wasn't yours to take." She said growing frustrated and frightened with her father.

He came closer and slapped her across the face with the back of his hand. "I will not tolerate back talk. Whatever is in this house is mine. Now get out of my face dyke." He spat, and that's what Camila did. She grabbed her bag and empty wallet and made it out of the house with tears cascading down her face.