Chapter 3

"Mila, I'm hungry." Sofia, Camila's younger sister whined. "When we get back to the school, I'll have some food for you okay?" She said to the younger girl who in return, nodded.

Camila was on her way to her job at the gym for her usual shift. She worked 3 days a week. Monday, Saturday and Sunday for 3 hours. She gets paid 8 dollars an hour and that's just enough for her to provide food for her and Sofi. She doesn't get big brand named food products, she buys what she can afford and that's usually the knock offs.

They walked into the gym, Sofi went to her usual spot in the bleachers and sat down quietly. She got her school work out and started working on it. After Camila finishes her shift, she sits down with Sofi and they go through the problems to make sure she understands everything. Sofi appreciates everything that her older sister does for her, she loves Camila to death and wouldn't change her for the world.

"Here babe," Camila said handing Sofi the lunch Clara gave her earlier. "Thanks Kaki!" The younger Cuban smiled and blew her sister a kiss. No matter what situation they were in, Sofi always brought a smile to Camila's face. She was the only thing that really could, her parents surely couldn't.

After giving Sofi the food she went into the storage room and organized all the equipment that was used the day before. That's what she normally did first, to get it out of the way.

Meanwhile, the girls basketball team had just come in to start practice. "Girls, 10 laps and then dribbling exercises." Their coach instructed. "Come on girls! Let's get this show on the road!" Lauren yelled to her teammates.

Lauren was the team captain, she always pushed her team, in a way, she's just like her mother. She's been the team captain since her sophomore year, she's just that good at the sport. She was the first freshman at her school to even play for Varsity so that has to stay a lot.

Once they finished running laps, they started their dribbling exercises. Running inside and outside of several cones with the ball trying to get their handling under control. "Good job girls, keep it moving!" She encouraged.

A sophomore on their team was dribbling wildly and lost control of the ball, it went flying across the room just as Camila decided to come out of storage. "Hey watc-" Lauren tried to call but the ball hit Camila smack in the face before she could finish warning her. "Shit!" Lauren said and rushed to Camila's side, she grabbed her hands and helped her to her feet. "Hey, are okay?" Lauren asked the smaller girl. Camila nodded, recognizing Lauren as the girl that sat by her in study hall. "You're the girl from my study hall right?" Lauren questioned.

Camila didn't know why, but she felt her cheeks heat up at the sudden question and huskiness in Lauren's voice. Maybe it was because Lauren recognized her. Lauren laughed and thought the smaller girl was cute.

Lauren tried to remember the girl's name and she thought back to when she asked her a question about trig functions and glanced on her paper. "Camila, right?" Camila seemed surprised she knew her name. Lauren was undoubtedly the most popular girl in school and not to mention star basketball player.

"Y-yeah." Camila stuttered. Lauren grabbed Camila's face, examining it. There was a small cut above her eyebrow from where the ball hit that was bleeding a little. "Come on," Lauren grabbed Camila's hand and let her to the restroom.

Camila stood there awkwardly as Lauren wiped her face with a warm, damp paper towel. "There you go." Lauren smiled a toothless grin at Camila which caused her cheeks to turn another shade of red.

They walked out of the restroom, Lauren was about to say something else but one of her teammates called her. She pointed her thumbs to the court, "Duty is calling." She said and ran back to the court as they were doing figure 8 drills.

When Lauren touched Camila, Camila felt an electric shock run through her body. She didn't know what that meant and it made her severely nervous. Camila wasn't straight, she never felt anything for boys, if anything it was repulsion.

Lauren would glance Camila's way and smile at her every now and then, she would even throw in a wink. Camila's cheeks would turn a light shade of pink or red every time Lauren did so. She was captivated by Camila, she has been ever since they had their first class together in study hall. She just never acted on it until now.

Camila didn't know what it was about Lauren that got her body heated every time she would look at her. She would get butterflies, she never gets butterflies so the feeling is unusual and strange but she determined it was a good strange.

"What's got you all lovey-dovey?" Dinah teased, seeing Lauren constantly look over to the side. "Um, nothing! Yeah uh l-let's get back to these drills. " Her voice cracked and Dinah couldn't help but burst into laughter.

A few minutes later Dinah looked over at Lauren again to see her staring off, she followed her eyes over to.... Camila. Lauren was smiling and Camila was blushing, they were basically silent flirting.

Lauren turned her head to see Dinah's eyebrows raised and a smirk plastered on her face. Lauren's cheeks turned red and Dinah, once again, burst into laughter at Lauren's embarrassed state. She had definitely been caught in the act.

Dinah decided she was going to mess with Lauren a bit about Camila, seeing the green eyed girl's infatuation with her. As they were lining up for full court lay ups Dinah decided to pair up with Lauren.

"So Camila huh?" She wiggled her eyebrows. Lauren groaned. "What about her? And how do you know her?" Lauren asked. "She's a junior. We take some classes together but she's mostly in advanced courses and don't ignore my question Jauregui!" Dinah grunted as she dribbled down the court. She thew the ball to Lauren and Lauren threw it back so Dinah could finish the lay up. "There's nothing going on, I just helped her when Lissa's ball hit her in the face." Lauren defended, but that wasn't entirely true. The Polynesian gave her a disbelieving look. Lauren passed the ball to her and she thew it back and shot the lay up.

They finished the lay up out of breath, "This isn't over Jauregui," Dinah warned. Lauren rolled her eyes. She glanced over at Camila who was not so subtly staring at her, she smirked. Once the girl saw that Lauren saw her, she quickly turned away and tried to hide her blush with her hair.

Lauren laughed and got back to practice.

Camila finished her shift on up at the same time the girl's basketball team's practice was over. "Mila, why are your cheeks so red?" Sofi proclaimed just as Lauren was walking by. Camila didn't see Lauren and put her hand over Sofi's mouth. She turned around to see if anyone heard and there was Lauren, looking at Camila, smirking. She winked at her one last time before leaving the gym.

Oh my god. Camila thought, Lauren was doing something to her and she didn't know if it was good or bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

comment what you think

are the chapters too short? should i make them longer?