A Passover Sedar Story

My Passover Sedar

One day I had the best day of my life. That day was my Passover Sedar. My Passover Sedar was on a Thursday.

To begin with, my mom asked me where I had put my Hogwarts Haggadah. She wanted me to ask the four questions later during the sedar. At the beginning of the sedar we had a tea party. During the tea party, I spilled tea all over grandpa. Grandpa leaped out of his chair in surprise. Bang! Crash! All the dishes hit the floor. He then ran out of the room screaming and dragging the tablecloth with all the dishes behind him.

Suddenly, my grandpa came back into the room murmuring to himself. He was all dry when I went to go hug him. He had already dried himself with a towel, and he also changed into dry clothes when he left the room. Then, my mom served dinner. We had brisket, matzo meal latkes, matzo with butter, and spinach. We could not eat anything with leaven, so we ate food that was made with matzo meal and matzo.

Near the end of the sedar, my mom, my grandpa, and I were at the dinner table. It is traditional for the youngest person to read the four questions relating to Passover. While I was leafing through my Hogwarts Haggadah to see if I could find the four questions, I found prayers and we said them all together. Next, my mom tried to help me, so she took out her iPad to look up the questions as well, but she fell asleep at the dinner table. So, I carefully took the iPad away from her, and I shook her awake 15 minutes later.

When she awakened she asked me, " what had happened?... and where is my iPad?".

So, I answered saying, " I have your iPad. Also I found the four questions followed by the answers. You fell asleep like Snow White when she ate a poisonous apple that made her fall into a deep deep sleep ".

My mom said, " Thank you for waking me up. I am so proud of you that you found the four questions ".

" Thank you mom ", I replied.

After that, my mom hid a $10 bill for grandpa and I to find. Grandpa went over to the bookcases and said, " Where is that $10 bill? She must have hidden the money in a secret place where she thought we wouldn't look."

"She probably put the $10 somewhere nearby, " I replied.

Later, I got up from the dinner table, and I went near the bookshelf where my grandpa was looking. Five minutes later, I yelled " found it! ". My grandpa asked me where I found it. I replied, " up on the top of the bookshelf ". As I pointed to the top of the bookshelf, " a few inches away from where you were looking ", I stated.

At that moment, he came over and said, " Darn it! I should have looked there ".

In conclusion, my sedar was the best day of my life! We said fake prayers, I asked the four questions and read the answers to the questions, we ate wonderful food, we had a tea party, and grandpa and I found the $10 bill my mom hid. I hope to have a sedar that is this great again.