Chapter III: Assistance needed

Keith and Kyra dipped their Lions down under the clouds, coming too close to the three cruisers that held the prisoners. A few Galra soldiers outside spotted them, and within seconds, one of the Galra cruisers (a very, very large cruiser with an ion cannon) was up and sending fighters after them both.

"They saw us, we're going to need some backup here!" Keith exclaimed.

"I'm on my way!" Pidge called over the comms, they could hear her running, presumably to the Green Lion.

Shots began to fire at Keith and Kyra, and while they shot back, it was doing minimal damage. They swerved out of the way, leading the Galra higher into the air and farther away from the city. They didn't know why they were leading the cruiser away, but they figured it would be a good idea.

Pretty soon, the Green Lion joined them, and they managed a system to attack the cruiser without getting hurt, all the while leading them away. One of them would go up and attack the cruiser, they'd be fired at, meanwhile the two that were left would shoot at the cruiser from behind it. Then switch.

The Galra seemed to catch on though, because while Keith and Kyra where firing from behind the cruiser, another came up behind them... and fired it's ion cannon. The Red and Crimson Lions were hit directly in the front. The two Lions were hit in such an important part that they suddenly deactivated. Keith and Kyra's head hit the back of their seats so hard they were almost certain that they had gotten whiplash, and the air was pulled from their lungs.