Chapter I

||Edited||

Tommy's POV

"TOMMY, YOU STUPID BITCH, WHY CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT??", I hear my mother scream at me. "I-I'm s-sorry" I say through sobs. "SORRY WON'T FIX WHAT YOU HAVE DONE" "B-but I haven't done a-anything, I-I was in my r-room, like y-you said" *smack* Then everything turned black and red...

I open my eyes, gasping for air. "It was just a dream, just a dream" I say to myself while trying to breathe. I checked the time: 3:43. I guess I will do it again, I think, while getting out of bed and searching for a hoodie. After I found it, it was time to get out of here.

I carefully climbed through the window and ran to the gigantic tree. I used it to get over the fence that was surrounding the orphanage. When I did that, I sprinted to a barn where I usually work. During the day-time, of course.

When I got there I think it was almost 4AM . I quietly opened the barn door and slowly, but comfortably started walking to the last stable, where just like I thought, I saw my favorite horse. He was not tall, more pony - like. He was black with white socks and a white mark on his muzzle. His name was Henry.

It was too early to ride him yet so I organized the feed, cleaned up the saddle pads and helmets. When the barn clock shows that it's around 4:30, I start to get ready for a ride with Henry.

I took some carrots from the bag, which was next to his stable and gave them to him. I took the halter with a lead and made it look like a bit - less bridle. I put it on Henry and led him out of his stable outside, to the mount block. I quickly got on and we started our almost usual morning ride.

We entered a beautiful field, which had a mini mountain with a bench and a tree on top.

Once we got there I jumped off, untied the lead off Henry's halter and attached him to another lead, which was intended for horses to eat grass and not run off.

Once I did that I gave him some carrots that I took from the same bag and went over to the bench to watch the sunrise. It was so peaceful, it really calmed me down. Sometimes, if I really get bored, instead of watching the sunrise on the bench, I climb up trees, but then I get really dirty, so I don't do that often.

Also, I'm not sure what time it is when the sunrise starts or ends, but I have memorized that if I stay till you can the sun has risen enough to fully show itself - it's time to trot or canter back to the stables.

Time skip

Time ran by really quickly. It felt like 5 minutes when it actually had been around 1 hour. I got on Henry and started to trot at first and canter only when I saw a barn in the horizon.

Once I got back to the barn, I put Henry in his stable, got ready his breakfast feed, gave him some carrots and started heading back to my room. On my way there I met the barn owner. He was an old man who loved horses and other animals as much as I do. We said hi to each other and went our ways. He knew that I rode Henry. He actually taught me how to do that! He was a really nice man, the nicest I have ever known so far.

When I climbed to my room through the window it was around 6am. I changed my hoodie to a cleaner one, brushed my hair, cleaned my room a bit and went downstairs to eat. Well, not eat but look like I have eaten.

*Time skip to 10:30*

I was just doing my class work when Mrs. Ruth, one of the caretakers, interrupted me. "Thomas, in about 30 minutes, there is going to be a family that will maybe adopt you. Be in Miss Helen's office in 20 minutes, she will tell you about the family." I sign knowing every single detail of that. "Okay, Miss".

When she left the room I finished tidying up my bedroom, went to the bathroom to do stuff like brushing my teeth and cleaning my face. When I went back to the room I looked at my arms with bandages on them. They were a bit pink so I decided to change them. Being extra careful isn't a bad thing, I thought.

After I changed them, when I looked at the clock, it showed that it was 10:49. I started to panic. I was pretty scared of Miss Helen, she was always rude to every child in the orphanage. I started to sprint to her office. The thing was, that I was late. I was 1 minute late. This isn't going to be good. I enter the office.

Miss Helen looked at me with her dead expression. "Why are you late, useless piece of shit, huh??" "I-I'm sorry, Miss Helen, I was in the bathroom" I knew it was a horrible lie. "You had 20 minutes to go to the bathroom, you stupid brat *sign*, I can't hit you, since you're seeing a family, but you better behave. Anyway, sit down and shut your little shitty mouth up".

I did as I was told. She looked at the paper in her hand and started to read it. "The father of the family is Philza Soot. He has two sons and blah blah blah. That's all you need to know. Now go to the meeting room and wait there." "Okay, Miss", I said going to the meeting room, thinking about what type of scar they will put on me.

Every family that has ever fostered me, has given either a physical or mental scar. I actually don't want to get fully adopted, because I would miss Henry too much, but I was sure that I won't stay there longer than 2 weeks. That's how many days they pay the parents for the children's care...

.

.

1126 words

.

Sooooo..........Here is my 1st chapter!! I actually didn't know I would publish this ever but....Yeah!

(K, i love doing those) Hey, it's me from the future! I just read everything I wrote here and I laughed. This is going to be really cringe when I'll publish this...🤦🏻‍♀️:)) anyways...

(Hehe, hey, It's me from the future, again. The chapter is edited!!! Maybe it will make a bit more sense and I hope that I won't need to come back to edit this again :DD) 

Remember, you are Pog :DDD

I can see you through the screen...I see you...Yeah, you....Look at ya....So Pog-looking, like holy...