2

present day

i rest my body against the kitchen counter, gazing at the liquor pour into the cup. glancing behind me, i spot harry slumped on the sofa with a bottle in hand, sipping on it every so often. i turn my nose up at him before turning back around and look up at lux, "what's wrong with him?" i mutter.

"haven't you heard?" he furrows his eyebrows.

"no," i shake my head, laughing, "why would i? i don't exactly care about what goes on in his life, but he's all moody and it's annoying."

"oh," he raises his eyebrows, "well harry and his girlfriend broke up."

i instantly scoff in response and turn to look at harry once more, "doesn't surprise me." i murmur.

"why doesn't it?" lux questions, cocking his head.

"well he's a dick," i shrug my shoulders and take a sip of my drink, "i mean, no one deserves to be broken up with, it's shitty, but it just doesn't surprise me because he's an arsehole." i huff.

"hmm," lux mumbles, "i don't really know what happened to be fair."

i stare up at lux with a puzzled expression, "why's he having people round for drinks if he's feeling like shit?"

"to get over it, init?" lux raises his eyebrows, "and besides, it was cal who wanted people round, not harry."

"so that also explains why i'm here." i chuckle, "definitely wouldn't have been invited if it was harry's plan."

lux shakes his head, laughing. we both turn around at the same time, glancing at harry who's face is written with the same emotionless expression. sighing, i take a gulp of my drink and make my way over to will and mia, turning my attention away from the boy who sat refusing to even talk to anyone and instead behaves like a dick. i notice as people attempt to talk to him and rather than making conversation, he bites back at them. is harry lewis finally showing his true colours? the colours i noticed from the moment i met him.

i can sense that i am probably one of the last people harry wants in his house right now. the boy has a habit of passing snide comments whenever i walk past or enter a room, but tonight is not like that. he has only flashed a couple of dirty looks, but has remained in the same spot for a majority of the night.

"poor lads going through it." will gestures over to harry.

"must be feeling shitty, they were together for years." mia sighs, sipping on her drink.

i furrow my eyebrows, "hmm." i mumble.

"oh come on, iris," will cocks his head, "you've at least got to feel sorry for the lad."

scoffing, i shake my head, "i get that he's probably feeling like shit right now and i'm not saying he deserves it, but he is an arsehole."

harry has never been fond of me right from the get go and i will never understand why. hearing his name repulses me, it makes every muscle in my body tense up. as soon as i met everyone, there was one person at the entire party who i wanted to be at least somewhat welcoming towards me and that was harry. but that boy showed nothing but distaste towards me the minute i greeted everyone and i will always remember that.

it is blatantly obvious how much everyone hates our constant bickering and the pathetic insults, people cannot help but roll their eyes as soon as it starts. i thought that things would be different between us over a year and a half on, but clearly i was wrong.

"iris," mia shakes her head, clearly disappointed in me, "you've got to get on at some point."

"but i did try at some point and he doesn't care, so i'd rather not." i huff, shrugging my shoulders. gulping down the rest of my drink. i would rather not be friends with someone at all, than deal with a one sided friendship.