5

i glance down at my phone which rings against my desk and scan over the called id which reads 'cal'. sighing, i answer it and bring the phone up to my ear, "hello?"

"hello love, you alright?" he kindly asks.

"yeah, not bad," i reply, "are you?"

"i'm good, just wondering if you want to come round tonight with ethan and have a drink?"

i huff at his request, "oh, i don't know. harry will be there, won't he?"

"yeah, but he'll probably be in his room. please come."

"hmm." i mutter, thoughts racing around my mind. the last time i saw harry, he threw a variety of insults at me for no reason and for the first time in a long time, he actually hit a nerve, "maybe."

"no maybes, iris. just come." he practically begs.

i roll my eyes and lay my head against the desk, taking a deep breath in, "fine."

"you're a star!" he exclaims, "i'll see you later then."

"yeah, see you later." i mumble, listening to the call come to an end. letting out a frustrated groan, the phone still rests against my ear and i consider every potential thing that could go wrong tonight and having to listen to more jibe's from harry.

getting ready, i leave on the light makeup that i have had on all day and throw on a pair of joggers and a crop top, i would rather be comfy if i am lounging on cal's sofa with a drink. i book an uber to his flat, not looking forward to the idea of seeing harry at any point during the night. when i arrive, the slender boy instantly pulls me in for a tight cuddle, swaying my body back and forth with me in his arms causing me to giggle, "you okay?" he asks.

"mhm." i nod and grin up at him, walking into his flat to see ethan sat on the sofa with a beer in hand, "hello."

"hello, you." a smile plasters across ethan's lips, patting the seat on the sofa beside him, "how are you?"

"i'm alright." i nod my head slowly, making myself comfortable, "are you?"

"yeah, i'm not too bad." ethan replies, "not really spoke -"

"iris!" cal instantly cuts off ethan by shouting me from the kitchen, "what do you want to drink?"

i shrug my shoulders, laughing at cal's yelling, "i don't mind, i'll just have a glass of wine or something." i softly smile. i glance up at him walking over and he hands me a glass of white wine whilst he has a bottle of beer for himself, "thank you."

"i was just saying, not really spoke to you this week." ethan says.

"oh," i nod in response, "yeah, sorry. the other night made me feel a bit shit, but i'm over it now."

"he was an arsehole to you, iris," cal sighs and ethan nods his head in agreement, "we both told him afterwards, didn't we?" he turns to ethan.

"yeah, he went too far. we get that you don't like one another, but we're all in the same friendship group, so for him to be saying things like that behind your back wasn't on."

i shrug my shoulders and take a sip of my wine, "it happened, it is what it is. i know he's going through a shitty time, breakups aren't easy, but i took the hit for it that night."

"you shouldn't let it get to you." cal offers a sympathetic smile.

"i usually don't, you guys know that i don't because it's normally nonsense. but i feel like he had no reason to say anything horrible to me that night, he even told me he would prefer it if i wasn't invited to hang out with you guys and i didn't like that at all." i look down at the wine glass, swirling the liquid around the cup, "i know it's silly to get annoyed because it's only harry, but i would've just preferred it if he completely ignored my presence."