14

i awake to a limp arm thrown over my waist and sunlight perfectly filling the room. glancing beside me, i watch the light snores fall from harry's lips and his messy hair immersed into the pillow. i cannot help, but let out a frustrated sigh, there is always something so awkward and tense about waking up the next morning with him by my side.

rolling my eyes, i grab my phone from the bedside table without moving too much. even with his arm weakly slumped over me and our bodies barely pressed together, i find some form of comfort in it and i do not understand why. i aimlessly scroll through my socials and check through my socials, not actually knowing what i'm doing.

i feel the weight beside me begin to move, sighs and groans emerging before he finally takes one deep breath in. slowly turning my head to look at him i raise my brows and mutter, "morning."

"morning." he huffs, voice raspy as he stretches his entire body out, almost pushing me out of bed completely.

"fuck off!" i exclaim, shoving his body over and lightly hitting his arm, "you can't push me out of my own bed, dickhead."

"buy a bigger bed." he glares at me.

"or go home." i suggest, a smirk tugging at my lips.

"nah." he shakes his head, "just stop complaining." harry begins to purposely stretch out his body, arms and legs pressed against the back of my body.

"stop trying to shove me on the floor!" i yell, trying to shove him back, but i do not have the strength.

he huffs out a small laugh, "shut up, iris."

i instantly frown at him and throw my head back over, grabbing my phone again and pretending to scroll through it, "can't tell me to shut up in my own home." i mumble under my breath.

"aw," he mocks, "have i made you upset?" he laughs, rolling over to wrap his arm around me, but this time pulls me in closer and buries his face into my neck.

"you're just a cunt." i chuckle softly, feeling his lips press against my neck. usually when we wake up in the morning, we experience fading passion and understanding that the desire only exists at certain times. harry usually has a habit of waking up beside me and dashing out of the door, he has never laid beside me like this.

holding me even tighter, i feel almost suffocated in his embrace, but i also do not want to move away. his warm breath fans against my neck, our breathing calm and it is tempting to drift off to sleep again. his thumb traces small circles on my bare skin, a trail of goosebumps following his rhythm.

"your hairs a mess by the way." he whispers into my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

i shake my head, "oh, i wonder why."

i do not even need to look at him to know that a smirk is plastered across his lips right now. we remain laid like this for some time, silence surrounding us and holding the duvet tightly against our naked bodies. for someone who usually acts so hostile towards me, i actually feel comfortable laid with him like this.

"are you coming to tomorrowland?" he asks.

"mhm," i nod slowly, "why?"

"just wondering." i feel his shoulders shrug against my back, "i didn't know if you were coming, it's in a few weeks isn't it?"

"i think so." i reach for my phone to look at the date, "yeah, it is."

"have you booked the same hotel and everything with us?" he questions.

"didn't realise i was on the chase," i chuckle, "but yeah, cal helped me book. who are you sharing a room with?"

"i'm on my own," he exhales, "my ex was meant to be coming with us, but obviously she won't be and she sold her ticket."

"oh." i sigh, "who's coming anyways?"

"erm." he ponders for a moment, as though i can hear the cogs slowly working in his brain as he tries to think, "me, you, will, mia, vik, ellie -"

"oh, good. i like ellie." i accidentally cut him off, so a huff falls from his lips before he speaks again, "sorry." i smirk.

"cal, ethan, zoe and stephen, i think."

"surprised you're not annoyed that i'm coming." i mumble.

"oh, i am." he nods, "can't be dealing with your embarrassing dance moves again."

"fuck off!" i nudge him with my elbow, "don't be a dick."

i feel him smile against my neck, "just don't piss me off and it'll be fine."

"and don't be a cunt to me and we'll be sorted." i utter before he presses a feather-light kiss to my neck, feeling his lips against the couple of bruise-like marks previously created by him.

taking a deep breath in, i flip my body over so that i am laying on my back and i look up at him with narrowed eyes, "what?" he asks.

"i have a question." i bite my lip, unsure as to whether i want to ask it.

"go on."

"what is this? us? i don't know how to describe it."

he pulls an awkward face and shrugs his shoulders whilst looking down at me, "just sleeping together i guess."

"hmm, okay." i nod my head slowly, "just asking."

"we've slept together quite a few times now and you only just ask now what it is." he laughs.

"well yeah," i feel my cheeks burn, "i don't know, i just want to make sure we're on the same wave length. like friends with benefits, but just not friends."

"i guess you could say that."

"mhm, and it's just kept between us, right?" i gaze up at him, already lost in his eyes and i could kick myself for it - i'm trying to have a conversation with him.

"yeah. yeah. definitely." he sighs.

"good." i swallow harshly as i throw both arms around his neck and pull him in closer. his eyes follow from my own to my lips and then back again and shuffles his body between my legs. my finger tips rake through his messy bed head and it is not long before our lips meet.