🐫Hamunaptra

Happy children run after each other, laughing their way without any worries in the world. Market vendors are loudly shouting their prices, hoping to finally sell something. Veiled women stroll quietly past the stalls in search of a specific item. The sun burns everyone's bare skin and faces as the temperature rises. All in all, a typical Cairo day.

Ashley waits impatiently on Rick and Jonathan who argue with a camel salesman. "Just give him the money" sounds Rick his voice loudly. Sighing she hangs her leather jacket over her shoulder. "Probably I could have gotten them for free" sighs Jonathan and leads the camels towards Ashley. "We just had to give our sisters," he says. "Yeah, it was a bit tempting" teases Rick as he looks at Ashley. Ashley crosses her arms over each other. "Was it now?" she asks offended. Rick wants to answer but his words get stuck in his troth when he notices Evelyn walking towards them. Her simple nightgown has been exchanged for a richly decorated azure blue trumpet-shaped gown. The cowl neckline and puff sleeves are decorated with peacock blue lace, matching the veil resting in front of her nose and lips. With every step she takes, her leather gladiator boots appear from under her ankle-length skirt. Cobalt blue threader earrings dance up and down as she comes close to Rick. A proud smile rests on her face, decorated with black snow globe eyeshadow and matching feline eyeliner. The sun reflects in her esclavage golden necklace. Around her, both wrists adorn two slider bracelets. "Is it okay" asks Evelyn reassuring. Violently Rick nods. He swallows and licks his lips. Ashley chuckles and slaps him in the stomach. "What" asks Rick while following her. "Just ask her out" teases Ashley as she hangs her coat over the camel's back. Surprised Rick looks at her. "It is not what you think" he answers. "Sure" mocks Ashley and gets on the camel. "Just keep telling yourself that" she teases and leads the camel out into the desert. For the first time, Rick doubts his own feelings. Lost in thought he takes place on the camel on his back. "Tsk" he says and leads the animal out into the desert.

"So" Gad begins and appears next to Ashley. Unimpressed Ashley looks at the unclean prison guard. "The filthy dog has a sister... And what kind of sister!" "Mister Hassan I have no interest in listening to how good you can insult my brother. " "No, no. No more insults" he promises. "But I am a very lonely man, and I am just looking for some company." "Well look it elsewhere" yells Rick. Ashley smirks and gazes at the pyramids again. "Pff" sighs Gad as he nudges his camel.

"I never liked camels. Filthy buggers they are. They smell, they bite, they spit" groans Jonathan. "Aren't they adorable" laughs Evelyn. Ashley smirks. "I agree with Evelyn," she says while petting her camel's ears. "Oh, do call me Evie" Evelyn says. Ashley nods. "I'm Ash" she answers. An amused look appears in Rick his eyes as he observes the duo.

As their journey continues, the wind slowly intensifies. The sand crawls between everyone's vests and socks. The air gets colder and darkness takes over the yellow hills. The night is terrifying silent, except for Gad his loud snoring there is no sound in the desert. Ashley rests her head on her fist as her burning eyes become heavy. Before she knows she dozes off.

Carefully Rick shakes with his sister. "Ash" he whispers. Grunting Ashley opens her eyes. The warm rising sun colors Rick his face. Rick gives Ashley a comforting smile. "We arrived" he mumbles. Ashley nods. Did she sleep the whole night? Never mind, her cracking neck answered that question already. While rubbing through her eyes she notices a group of travelers coming closer. The Americans... "Good morning my friend" greets Benni once again. His eyes are pinned on Ashley. "What the hell are we doing," asks Isaac. "Patience my good sahib patience" answers Benni bored. "Hey, O'Connell. Nice camel" mocks Benni. Rick smirks and pats his camel. "Remember our bet O'Connell, first one to the city" chortles Isaac. "200 cash bucks." "110 bucks are yours if you help us win that bet." "With all my pleasure" answers Benni humbly. Rick raises his attention towards Evelyn, obviously not impressed with Benni his chivalry. "You ready for it," asks Rick. Not understanding Rick peers at him. Ashley observes him deep in thought. "Ash, it is coming" whispers Rick. "Ready for what," asks Evelyn. "You're about to be shown the way". The lost city slowly appears in the desert. As an oasis or a dream of a dream. "Can you believe that" whispers Isaac. Ashley gazes surprised at the beautiful ruins in front of her. She has no idea how this is possible. After everything she's seen on this trip... she has no other option than to believe. "Hamunaptra" whispers Burns. "Here we go again" sighs Rick. Ashley's attentive stare is broken by Benni who suddenly urges his horse with a loud roar. Without a second of a doubt, Rick follows his example. "Tsk" says Ashley and pokes her camel who gruntingly stands up. Benni, Evelyn, and Rick urge their animals to go nonstop. Loudly trying to attempt the race. But not Ashley. No, she lets her animal walk peacefully through warm desert sand. The mummies won't run away. Ashley doesn't really care much about the bet between the Americans and her brother. Her animal's well-being was more important. Disapprovingly she looks at Benni and Rick. What started with a race, ended with a fistfight. But of course, Rick his patience runs thin and it doesn't take long before he throws Beni out of his saddle. "O'Connell" roars Benni defeated and stands up. His horse ran off as soon as Benni hit the ground. Moping he kicks the sand in front of him. But quickly his face lights up when Ashley stops her camel right next to him. "Come on Benni" says Ashley and outstretches her hand. Benni grins and accepts her gesture. "I thank you Miss O'Connell; you have more manners than your brother." "Just keep remembering that," says Ashley. "She pokes her camel and gently rides towards the city. Benni holds his arm carefully around her waist while he glances angrily at Rick.