🐫Imhotep his chamber

Enthusiast Evelyn runs around in the dark chamber. Ashley hands Rick a sledgehammer.   "According to my calculations, we should be right under the Anubis and come up straight between his legs." She chuckles. "Oh my." "And when tho's dirty yanks go to sleep, no offense" Jonathan starts. "None was taken," says Ashley. "We'll go up and steal that book right from them." "And you are sure you can find the secret compartment," asks Rick. Ashley looks nervous at the crackling ground. "Yes if their Egyptologist hasn't already found it" sighs Evelyn. "I say" begins Jonathan and looks around. "What's our little smelly friend got himself up to?" "He went looking for treasure" sighs Ashley. Jonathan nods. "So once more, let me get this straight" sighs Rick and sits down next to Ashley. "They stuck a sharp red-hot poker up your nose and cut your brain into little pieces?" "Then ripped it all through your nostrils," asks Ashley and takes her nose protective. "Oh man, that must hurt" swallows, Rick. "It's called mummification" jokes Evelyn. "You will be dead when they do that" laughs Jonathan and swings with the wooden stick as if he is golfing. "Still," says Ashley. "Yeah that would bring you back alive" groans Rick. "Oh, you two" laughs Evelyn. 

A huge chunk of the roof suddenly gives out and drops a sarcophagus right before them. Scared Ashley leaps backward while Rick protectively jumps in front of her. Coughing Ashley pats the dust off her arms as Rick helps Evelyn up. "I got you miss," says Jonathan and gives Ashley a hand. "Oh my god" whispers Evelyn. "Is that a Sarcophagus" whispers Jonathan. "Why would they bury somebody in the ceiling," asks Rick who looks up. "They didn't. They buried him at the foot of Anubis" says Ashley and looks at the hole. "So, he was somebody of very great importance" grins Jonathan only imagining the gold already. "Or he did something very naughty." "Ashley clears the dirt from the stone box and tries to look for a name. A single hieroglyph appears. "He who shall not be named," says Evelyn. Ashley and Rick stare at each other. Rick dusts off the huge lock. "There is some kind of lock here," he says. "You said these things are made of granite with a stone interior right," asks Jonathan. "Quarried granite with a cobalt lining" corrects Evelyn. "Whoever is in here, he sure wasn't getting out" whispers Rick. "No kidding, without a key it will take us a month to crack open this thing" sighs Jonathan. "Key" whispers Ashley. "Weren't the guys on the boat looking for a key" Rick looks at her and snaps his fingers. "You are wonderful Ashley. That thing. Remember" asks Rick and looks at Evelyn. "Hey, that's mine" protests Jonathan and sticks his hand out. Offended Ashley pats his hand. "Ow," Jonathan whispers and pulls his hand back. Evelyn smirks and places the key in the hole. Before she could turn it, they heard the warden his helpless cries.

"Gad" says Ashley and runs towards the hallway. "Ash" yells Rick and runs behind her. "Hey" says Jonathan and grabs the warden his hands but he is far too crazy at this moment. He pushes Jonathan away and runs towards a stone wall. "No" shouts Ashley, but it is too late. Hastily Rick grabs Ashley and blocks her vision against his chest. The warden bumps against the wall and drops dead. Rick leads Ashley away from the corpse, holding his hand in front of her eyes. "God" whispers Jonathan and takes the man his bag before leaving. "Jon" curses Evelyn offended.

Still shocked by the man his sudden death Ashley is snuggled up around the campfire. She looks at the hungry flames and sighs. "Hey" whispers Rick and shrugs her back. Ashley smiles softly. "What do you think killed him," Evelyn asks. "I don't know but have you ever seen him eat," asks Jonathan. Evelyn shakes her head. "Looks like the Americans had their own misadventure. Three of their diggers are killed. Something with King Seti and an ancient booby trap made of acid." "Maybe this place really is cursed" whispers Jonathan. Ashley looks up at him." "Hey" says Rick who noticed this. "No. Come on guys. No" he says. A gust of wind flickers through the camp. The fire flickers and Ashley shares a nervous laugh with Jonathan. "Oh come on you two" laughs Evelyn. "You don't believe in curses huh" laughs Rick. "No, I believe if I can touch it and I can see it, it's real. That's what I believe." Rick nods and cocks his rifle. He gives her a big grin. "I believe in being prepared." "Let's see what our friend the warden believed in" laughs Jonathan and takes the man his bag. He reaches into the bag.
"Ahh" he shouts suddenly. Scared Evelyn jumps up while Ashley looks startled at him. "What?" "What is it" yells Evelyn in answer to Ashley. "Some broken bottle" curses Jonathan. "Oh" groans Evelyn. Ashley lets her head hang while laughing. "Let's see what is in here," Jonathan says after licking his finger. "Well, he may have been a stinky fellow but he sure as hell knew what good liquor is," says Jonathan and holding the bottle in the light of the fire. He takes a big swing. Ashley and Rick laugh while Evelyn amused shakes her head. Suddenly Rick kneels down and sticks his ear to the sand. "What is it" whispers Ashley. "Stay here" he orders and stands up. "Rick" asks Ashley and follows him. "Wait for me" yells Evelyn and runs behind them. "Hold on, didn't the man just say stay here" shouts Jonathan and sits down again.