🐫The curse

Rick takes a deep breath and slams the trunk on the bed. He opens it and chucks a load of dresses in it. While he heads for the closet Evelyn unpacks the dresses.
"I thought you didn't believe in this stuff," Rick says. "Having an encounter with a four-thousand-year-old walking- talking corpse tends to convert one" she says. "Forget it, we are out the door down the hall and gone. And you don't even think about it" he says and points to Ashley. Ashley her back rests against the wall. Her arms crossed over her chest. On her face rests a tired and somehow fearful look. "No we are not" protests Evelyn. Rick throws a handful of her underthings in the trunk. "Oh yes we are" he answers. He continues to pack everything while she unpacks everything. Ashley rolls her eyes. This is starting to look ridiculous. "Guys," she says, but Evelyn interrupts her. "We woke him up, we must try and stop him." "We? What we?! You did read that book. Not me, I told you not to play around with that thing!" "Alright then me. I... I read the book and I woke him up. And I intend to stop him." Rick angry stretches a bra between his hands. Ashley grabs Rick his hand and looks into his eyes. Rick sighs and drops the laundry. He stops loading in her truck and sits down on the bed. He puts his face in his hands and blows. "How then? You heard the man. No mortal weapons can kill the man." "Then we'll have to find some immortal ones," Evelyn says and throws the bra in the closet. "There goes that belief again" he shouts angry and stands up. "Not me, I am out of here. And she is also" he says and grabs Ashley her upper arm. "Rick" Ashley protests. He groans and turns around. He takes a pile of clothes and places it inside the trunk. Evelyn closes the lid, slamming it on his fingers. Rick yelps and angrily grabs Ashley her arm. "No way I am bringing her into this danger. Just because you are too stubborn to leave" he roars and pulls Ashley with him out of the room. "Rick" Ashley whines, but he is too angry and too strong. Her arm turns blue under his grip. Evelyn hastily follows them. "She might be in it already," she says. Rick stops and looks at Ashley. He slowly looks at Evelyn before asking; "I am going to regret this probably but what the hell is that supposed to mean?" Evelyn sighs. "According to this book, once this creature is reborn, the curse will spread. And as he grows in strength so will his curse grow. Infecting the people until the whole of the earth is destroyed." "And that is my problem?" "Rick" says Ashley upset. "It is everyone's problem" yells Evelyn. "Look lady, I appreciate you saving my neck. But when I signed on,  I promised to take you out there and bring you back. And I did. Now we are even. End of Job, end of story. Contract terminated." "Rick please" whispers Ashley. "So that is what I am to you? A contract" asks Evelyn. Rick sighs. "You can either tag along with us. Or you can stay here and play with mister maggot." "I am not the one he wants to play with" grunts Evelyn. Ashley bites her lip while they both look at her. "No, no no" says Rick. "What have you done?!" "Nothing" protests Ashley. Rick looks at her and growls. "Oh Ashley" he whispers and takes her in his arms. "I am so sorry, I never should have taken you there. Please forgive me" he whispers. Ashley swallows her tears. "I rather fight a thousand mummies than walking around without you" Ashley answers softly. Rick sighs and kisses her forehead. "I am staying," Evelyn says and walks back into her room. Rick rolls his eyes. "I need a drink" he mumbles and walks down. Ashley sighs and follows him. She knows that Evelyn is right. Still... Her words were annoying her. Why?
Rick angrily strides through the compound. "Rick wait" Ashley shouts. He sees Benni coming up with a man dressed in hooded robes. His face is hidden behind a death face mask. "Benni ya little stinkweed" yells Rick. Hastily Ashley hides in the shadows of the pillars. She has no idea who that man next to Benni is but all her senses tell her to hide. "Where did you slide off," asks Rick. "You left me in the desert to rot" yells Benni angry. Rick sighs. "Oh yeah about that... Sorry about that. So who's this guy" he asks and points to the man. Benni grins. "This is prince Imhotep. High priest of Osiris." "Oh hey how are you doing," asks Rick and puts out his hand. Benni shakes his head when Imhotep recoils. "The prince does not like to be touched by other humans. Superstition and all you know?" Rick smirks. "Yeah, we all have our problems today right." "He has come to help mister Burns. Somehow I do feel a bit responsible." "Don't give me that, you never had any scruples." "Do you know where I can steal some?" asks Benni. Rick fake punches. Benni flinches. Rick gives Imhotep a look before he walks off.  "See you around padré" Rick shouts. Ashley rolls her eyes. He obviously forgot that she was following him. Great. Sighing she looks at the duo that keeps standing. On the tip of her toes, she walks back to the room.