CHAPTER 11: THE START

Rafe's POV:

I don't know how I'm going to pull through on this trip. I don't even know what prompted Ash to think my sister is in the Bahamas, but I guess she'll tell me later. 

I didn't wanna tell her, but I'm really nervous about my withdrawals. I mean last time I got them I shot the Sherriff, which is what made everyone go after John B and Sarah in the first place. But I have to pull through, I might even get rid of my addiction once I pass the withdrawals. I know Ashton would love that, but I know it's going to be really hard on me and her.

Barry walked into his room and held up a bag with a smile.

"Hey, my man, I got us a little something special."

By now the high I was on earlier had wore off, thankfully. Because if it hadn't I probably would have taken up Barry on his offer. But instead I quickly stood up and shook my head and said, "no thanks dude, I actually have to get going."

He looked at me confused, "what, you never pass up a line?"

I stumbled on my words trying to find an excuse, then he got really close to me and said, "you saw her didn't you."

I pushed him away and said, "yeah, so what?"

"Jeeze dude, you see her once and your already passing me up. You never change."

My jaw dropped and I said, "what's that supposed to mean?"

He laughed at me and said, "well the only time you would ever say no to me was when she still lived over here and kept asking you to stop."

"Okay, well I better start now I told her I wouldn't do it on a whole trip."

Barry laughed hysterically at me, then stopped. "Oh, wait seriously."

"Yeah, I want to change back to who I was for her."

Barry looked up at me and said with a straight face, "Drugs or not, you can't be who you were back then. We've all changed."

"Well Barry I have to try okay, I'm leaving we're leaving tomorrow."

As I was leaving he yelled out while I was starting up my bike and he said, "Country club, I wanna bet you won't make it more than 4 days over there without shooting up the place."

I just looked back at him and left, does he seriously think I can't change. And what's with the sudden change of tone, I know he's not usually supportive or anything but he didn't need to be so harsh about everything. Plus what he doesn't know is that I have her now, and I know if I really mess up this time there is no next time. I need to prove to her that I haven't really changed, that the person who shot the Sherriff and did all those terrible things wasn't me but someone the drugs made me out to be.

As I headed home I thought over if I should tell my dad, but I feel like he would make sure I can't leave if I do. Whatever I won't tell him, I leave all the time so what's so different about it this time.

Authors Note:

Sorry this is short, just wanted to add in a quick little Rafe POV so you guys can see where his head is at. But I'm just going to proof read the next chapter then upload it, so shouldn't take too long!