CHAPTER 5: MY CHOICE

Rafe's POV:

It had been almost 3 1/2 hours since Ash left Barry's place so I figured she's probably be gone by then. When I pulled up I saw what looked like Kie's mom's car, but was kinda tired so I didn't think much of it and just shrugged it off. When I walked in, the house was so quite you could probably hear me drop a pen, and I didn't want my dad to hear me because I knew he was gonna get mad so I tried to be as quite as possible. But as I was about to start going up the stairs my foot slipped and I grabbed onto the railing to not fall, making a loud noise. 

My dad come's out from the kitchen where he, Rose and Wheezie we're all eating dinner. I tried to keep going up the stairs but my dad yelled, "Rafe!"

I rolled my eyes and turned around and yelled back, "what, what is it this time."

He then replies back, "Rafe, don't you get what we're trying to do over here, we can't have you leaving off for days at a time without letting us know. I'm trying to save this family and you're not helping by leaving us here without answers." I can't believe he has the nerve to act like this is all my fault, after all he's the one who really made Sarah leave. If he wouldn't have made her choose she'd still be here and this house wouldn't be so sad all the time. And he acts like I forgot about what the Sheriff mentioned before I shot her, he killed John B's dad and still tried to kill him too. I just wanted to get out of this conversation so I just said, "well dad I don't know what you want me to do."

He then out of nowhere goes, "Rafe, I'm trying to clean up your mess." Like it had nothing to with what I said and he was being so hypocritical it was pissing me off. I wasn't having his bullshit so I yelled back, "this is your mess too dad. I'm not the one who went around killing people like it was a sport."

Wheezie looked at me with sadness, fear and confusion in her face. And suddenly my dad comes up to me and pulls me close by the shoulders with a real tight grip and whispers to me, "must run in the family then."

I pulled away from him with fear and disgust, I didn't say anything and just turned around and went upstairs. 

When I entered my room I noticed my window was open, which was weird because I don't remember leaving it open. I just closed it and went to drop my bag of clothes on my bed when I realized, it looked like someone had just been laying on the side of the bed where I don't sleep. It made me wonder if Ashton had come into my room when she was here and laid down, not that it bothered me but it was just kinda odd. I went to open my drawer next to my bed where I keep a picture of me and Ash before she left, but it wasn't there. 

My eyes went wide and I felt my heart stop momentarily. This was the only picture I kept of me and Ash because I knew if I kept them all I would look at them all the time and just be sad all the time. But I had to keep one and I chose this one because it was the last picture we ever took, and I can't re-print it because I got it on a disposable and threw it away. I started opening every drawer I had and when I went to go open the ones in my dresser and I saw the picture, it was right on top of my dresser.

I let out a sigh of relief and looked at the picture and smiled, but then I thought why was it up here. I have never, in the year I've had this picture, misplaced it.

I tried to piece things together but it didn't add up. I thought maybe my dad was snooping in my room again looking for drugs, but when he does that he never lays down, or opens a window, or even take out this picture of me and Ash. I thought maybe it was Wheezie who missed her and wanted to see the picture, but when she missed her she just Googles her interviews with the press. It crossed my mind that it might be Ash herself, but why.

Then it came to me, my dad didn't mention Ash being in town, and neither did Rose or Wheezie. If they saw her they wouldn't miss the opportunity to tell me she came by, so maybe she didn't come by at all. Or she just came upstairs, everything wasn't adding up still. If it was her first day back I know where she wouldn't be able to resist going, I had to go.

I know she might not be ready to see me, but she's the one who left me here with no real answers. I deserve to go see her.

But oh god, I can't imagine how she'll react when she gets there.

Authors Note:

Hey guys, I know I said this chapter was gonna get spicy but I came up with the idea of this one last minute. I mean maybe you guys thought it was good and I do really like it, but I just think it adds a bit of suspense for the next chapter. I'm sure you can figure out what might happen next, or have an idea. It's gonna be good, I'll upload the next chapter later this week hopefully :)