😈 | 13

...

Flinching back at the yelling through the phone, Felix is quick to bring the device to his ear says in the most stable voice he can manage, "I am not scheduled to work tonight. It's my night off."

That only seemed to anger the manager on the line even more though and all he says through the line is, "be here in fifteen minutes or you're fired." The line then goes dead and Felix can feel his anxiety skyrocket as he quickly turns on his feet and makes his way over to where Jisung and Minho are sitting together.

"Sungei, I need to get to work in fifteen minutes, can one of you please drive me," Felix says with panic as he pulls on his clothes anxiously. Jisung is quick to stand up and nod before he takes the keys from Minho's outstretched hand. "Of course, change in the back as we drive," the slightly older says before they both move down to the cars and are gone in what seems only seconds.

The others are just left there surprised at how rushed the other two seamed and turn to Minho for an explanation. "Felix just got called in by his asshole of a manager. I swear, one day I am going to kick that man's ass when Felix's job's not on the line," Minho angrily says as he rubs his palms down his face to try and stable his anger.

Chan nods and Minho's statement, still remembers vividly how he saw the way the man handled Felix when he picked the boy up. The others just wordlessly continue not wanting to but into the boy's business further but one was left fuming at the thought of that manager.

Hyunjin sat there with his arms crossed and jaw clenched at the thought of the boy having to deal with an ass hole at work. He is only brought out of his fuming state by Changbin snapping his finger in front of his face. He looks to see that everyone is now looking at him and Seungmin has a small smirk on his face when seeing how the older reacted to what he was told about Felix.

"So do you think you can make it to Tokyo this year?" Minho asked as he looked at the long-haired male with a cocky look in his eyes. Hyunjin tries to act cocky while saying, "of course," to try and cover up how he was just behaving a minute ago.

__________

Felix continues to clean the now empty tables as he listens to the kitchen crew pack up in the back as the night comes to an end. He gets to host the last table and can hear his manager say to one of the cooks that he is going out for a smoke.

When Felix hears the door close, he looks to his watch and starts to time himself. He quickly finishes the table, puts his supplies away, and clocks out in just enough time. By the time he is walking out the front door, he can hear the back door opening.

He makes a run for it to the bus stop and lets a breath of relief out when he sees that his bus is only a little way down the street.

__________

"Felix, are you ready to go to the race tomorrow," Jisung asked as he threw a wad of paper at the boy facing the opposite way. The freckled male was watching a YouTube video until he was attacked by a paper wad hitting the back of his head.