CHAPTER XXV

"We had an agreement for you never to step foot on this area." Ramona reminded pointedly at Adonis as she stood by my side. I searched his face and aura for anything unusual, like injuries, but there was nothing aside from ease. 

"Oh, come on. It is way more fun to slip into your amateurish barrier." Adonis smirked and I could almost see a mischievous glint in his cat eyes. "I was honestly contemplating on destroying it. It was almost shocking on how easily I entered through a single hole though." He laughed, earning growls from the other people in the scene. "Now, shall we go?" Adonis asked me, ignoring the hostile growls.

Ramona glared at him. "There was something I needed to talk about with Ramona." I stated, bringing her sight to me. Although with a slightly annoyed questioning look, she sighed and nodded. 

"Let's talk inside." She ushered me inside but sent a pointed look at Adonis before he could protest and demand to go home.

"Could he join us? I need him for any questions that you have." 

Ramona paused, looking at me and contemplating. "Fine, I have a feeling this man wouldn't do anything to upset you." She sighed, leading us to the wide conference room where I first came the night Adonis teleported me. 

"I wouldn't dare. Asmodeus would have my head." Adonis rolled his eyes. 

Ramona sent him a questioning look, probably wondering why Asmodeus was in the conversation. Ramon closed the door of the room and went to sit on a chair. I followed, sitting beside her and Adonis sat beside me. 

"So, what is it?" Ramona asked seriously, crossing her legs and entwining her fingers as if out of habit. 

"I just recently learned of who my father and I are from Adonis and however unbelievable it is, I cannot help but think that it is true." I sighed, hesitating. I knew I was afraid to get the same reaction with Sam but the look on Ramona's face urged me to continue. I breathed in, bracing myself. "My father, Darnall, is actually Asmodeus." 

Even Ramona could not hide her shock as she stared at me. Then, she looked at Adonis and realization started to slowly set in. "What?" She blinked, her eyes glazed.

"And I..." I paused, wanting my father to be the one with me. I closed my eyes, trying to prepare myself for what happens next. "I'm Lilith."

"Do not worry too much about her, Alina." Adonis placed his hand on top of my head as we walked out of the room, leaving Ramona as per her request. "Her bond with Asmodeus is actually pretty strong."

"How do you know?" You did not see her aura like I did, I added silently. I remembered her aura tinged with incredible grief, anger and confusion. It was obvious that she was battling with herself.

"If my sources were correct, she just met Asmodeus a few days before he disappeared. At that very short time, she managed to trust Asmodeus and come into your home, taking care of you, who is her mate's supposed child without question." Adonis pointed out, although with a bit of distaste as he did. "Not everyone would do that, even for mated werewolves. It might take her a few days, but she will come through."

"Is that how strong trust is between mates?" I asked, looking back at the doors of the conference room. I had underestimated Ramona's feelings and sacrifice. If it were me, I would've had a hard time doing that kind of responsibility based on a relationship that was short.

Adonis looked at me, as if finally understanding something. "I do not know about others, but witnessing Ramona makes me think so."

I looked away and looked past the window. The people were still training, with their bodies soaked with their own sweat. "Do you think.." I trailed off, seeing a shirtless Sam emerge from the thick row of trees right in front of the training group. Just as he did, the group stopped and faced him with a small bow. The younger people approached him with smiles, eagerly talking to him. I see Sam immediately smile at something a blonde boy told him, ruffling his hair along with another boy with black hair.