CHAPTER XXVI

"Ugh." 

That was the nth time Adonis has grumbled under his breath. I haven't even included his mumbling. Aside from that, he has been really quiet. He looked so annoyed, magicking his hair into different styles. From colorful mullets to hippie dreadlocks, he has complained to each and every one of the styles. 

"Can I fix your hair?" I asked before he could snap his fingers again to change his hairstyle. He looked at me and I could feel him calm down. He plopped down on the chair of my vanity table, looking exhausted. He glared at the reflection of the wall behind me as I fixed his hair that he left in his natural color and length that reached until the top of his ears. 

Seeing as he wore a very elegant black suit with a long coat, I decided to pair it with a slicked back hairstyle. I gently pulled his hair back, putting the hair gel he gave me after understanding what I'd like to do with his hair. I finished with combing it before the gel dried. 

"Thank you." He mumbled, looking at my reflection on the mirror. I looked back at him, smiling. It has been the first time I styled someone else's hair other than my father's and I'm glad to achieve the look that I have been seeing in one of the paintings in the house. It had made me proud on how I went from putting colorful ponytails on my father's hair to actually be able to cut and style using a book he gave me as a guide.

"Cheer up, Adi." I placed my hand on his shoulders. "Do you really want to spend our first night out brooding? You would be wasting that amazing outfit, too." I joked, raising one of my eyebrows up at him. It was a thing I learned from him.

"Are you kidding me? Not a single outfit will be wasted as long as I'm wearing it." He rolled his eyes and I laughed, glad to hear his usual self again. "You're making my ego soar, Li." He swapped us, making me sit on the chair. "Not like it ever went down anyway."

"Do we not look like one of those paintings from our hall?" I asked, loving the way we looked. I remembered the large paintings of a couple or a family. They wore expensive-looking clothes, with dark cloth in their background. I had always thought that those paintings looked like royalties from the books I have read. Adonis posed, making me smile. 

"Now, it's my turn to fix your hair." 

"I thought you were already the most beautiful the last time I had seen you, but today you look even more stunning, little butterfly." Ramiel greeted me with a kiss on top of my gloved hand. He wore a white suit that seemed perfectly tailored for him, accentuating his looks and golden locks. I dare say he looked angelic, but I knew he was a prince of hell inside. 

"You look handsome yourself, Ramiel." I politely said. He offered his arm, making me look at Adonis. He glared at Ramiel before nodding slightly and slipping my arm around his own. I gently placed my hand on Ramiel's and he made a black portal that looked almost menacing. 

"I hope you've prepared yourself for portal travelling." He smirked and pulled us into the portal after him. Luckily for me, Adonis had taken me through them twice more after he came back. We went to the tailors he was fond of to pick the clothes that we were wearing right now. 

We had arrived in what seemed to be a castle. It was much bigger and older than my home, looking like multiple buildings pressed together. It had steep blue pointed roofs and stone brick walls. It looked like it was built in the Medieval times, making me really feel that it was a place of royalty. Only, the royalty living here is the most powerful vampire, enough to be respected by other vampires and even a friend to a prince of hell. 

There were quite a few groups scattered around outside the castle, ceasing their talking as we walked closer to the entrance. They all wore flowy gowns in many different color and styles. Although it was dark, I could clearly see their pale faces. Because all of them looked like the paintings in my home, I subconsciously started looking for a familiar face.