Chapter: 24

Chapter 24

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Rick Riordan does.

----------

* * *

Prophecy #1:

One shall venture alone,

Meets two more only to fall in the dome,

Encounter will, one who is lost,

But to win the war, find they must,

The one who's eyes show the storm,

Or in consequence flame be crushed,

The fire is lost as the land reforms,

Hope be left on the hopeless,

Rather than the world becomes breathless

* * *

Prophecy #2:

Silver arrows strike at no notice,

War begins with the goddess's sleep,

As the fire extinguishes in her keep,

----------

Percy didn't feel sleepy anymore. Leo and Calypso however, seemed like they were in a coma. The sun had risen, and it was annoyingly bright, hurting his eyes.

He repeated the prophecy in his head.

Part of it was already completed, he thought. He and Leo, two people, had met Calypso, the person mentioned in the first line.

He guessed that next, they'd fall in some sort of place. A 'dome,' the prophecy had mentioned.

Annabeth would've known. The thought hit him hard, making him feel like someone had punched him in the gut. It was a feeling he always got when he thought of her.

He just missed her so much. And honestly, he didn't know how much longer he could go without her.

"Encounter will, one who is lost," Percy murmured. He'd known enough prophecies to know that it could mean something that he hadn't even imagined. But he still thought of that line as an opportunity to bring Annabeth back.

Wise girl, do you think you can come back? Hazel did, why can't you?

Unfortunately, Percy knew the answer. Hazel was needed to save the world. And her father was the Roman side of Hades, Pluto. Of course he would've let her live then.

But what if.... What if Annabeth is needed to save the world?

Hope swelled in his chest. Maybe he was fine with another prophecy after all. Because if it meant a chance for his wise girl to come back– even if it was a small one, maybe he could hang on for a little while. Suddenly, the idea of being with Calypso–a person he couldn't stop being angry at– wasn't as bad.

Despite the odds of that happening, he could already imagine meeting her again, bringing her back from the underworld.

That was exactly why he hated hope. But he loved it too. Almost as much as Annabeth. The corner of his lip raised, the beginnings of a smile forming.

It wasn't long to last, though. The ground underneath him let out a deep rumbling sound, resembling a roar. His hand, that had been lying on the ground, shook, as if something was vibrating it. And something was vibrating it: the ground.