Chapter: 5

Piper's P.O.V (A/N: Didn't expect that did you?)

(A/N: So this chapter is basically how many things change when Annabeth dies. Sorry if I took long to post it or if the chapter is short and nooby

Also, let's say that this is just after the little 'Cupid session' Nico had there.)

Piper didn't know much about the Mediterranean, but she was pretty sure that it wasn't supposed to be so dam (sorry-not) cold in July.

"It's the scepter," Nico murmured. "It has to be.

Ever since Jason and Nico had returned from Diocletian's Palace, they'd been acting nervous and cagey. Something big had happened there- but they weren't telling anyone about it.

She was lost in her thoughts, when suddenly Nico's eyes widened.

"Nico?" she asked. "What's wrong?"

"No... no, it can't be..." Was all he said.

"Nico, don't scare us. Seriously, what's wrong?" Jason asked, concerned.

He looked at them, "Annabeth Chase... is dead." was all he said. He immediately left to go.... somewhere.

"No.... It can't be." Piper muttered. Tears silently flowed from her cheeks.

"Maybe he's wrong.." Hazel suggested.

"Hazel, did you feel it? Her death?" Jason asked, his eyes cloudy.

"Yes.. but- I could be- maybe.... I could be wrong.." She said.

Everyone was teary-eyed, and grief-stricken.

"Hey....I'll go check on Nico okay?" Jason said, before he left. Piper and Leo both exchanged glances, since when was he like that?

(A/N: I'm sorry the reactions weren't nice but I'm really bad at this stuff. Just say that they all cried/mourned in their own rooms and stuff.)

[LE MEGA TIME SKIP] (Cuz I'm lazy)

Percy's P.O.V

'You drool in your sleep.'

'Come back alive Seaweed Brain, then we'll see.'

'I don't know. But I know that I'll be fighting next to you.'

'Never leave me again.'

'Please Percy, change your clothes.. You smell like you've been run over by an electric horse.'

'Remember, I'll always love you.... I'll always love you Percy, Always.'

All these times went through his head. He remembered what he had said when they fell into Tartarus, 'We're staying together. You're not getting away from me. Never again.' But ultimately, it was his fault. And he would never see her again.

He had just gotten the death mist and went through Nyx's palace. Ever since Annabeth had died, he kept on imagining her slapping him playfully or giving him advice. Honestly, it did make him feel a little better.

Currently, he was following Bob through the crowd of monsters. The amount of them might have scared him, but he felt hollow. All he thought was Annabeth. Wise girl. Owl head.

"Focus, Seaweed brain focus. You promised me to not get killed, remember?" He heard her voice in his head.

Under his feet, the ground glistened a nauseating purple, pulsing with webs of veins. In the dim red light of the blood clouds, he probably looked like a freshly risen zombie.