Chapter: 1

Disclaimer: I don't own anything. Rick Riordan does. And also credits for the plot idea goes to @thedambluecookie 

Calypso's P.O.V

Calypso hated the gods, hated the fates, hated her life. She hated everything. It had been a year? A month? Time was hard to tell in Ogygia. Percy had made the gods promise to free her. But the gods- the horrible gods- (okay maybe not as bad as the Titans- but you get the point.) they forgot all about it.

She had dared to hope that the gods would stick to their word. She silently cursed herself, for she had been an absolute fool to believe them. To believe the gods. To believe Percy. She hated it, but she still wished that she could meet Percy again- anyhow. She still crushed on him. And Calypso hated it.

Deep in her mind- her darkest thoughts wished that something bad would happen to Annabeth- that she and Percy would break up- that Annabeth felt the severity of Calypso's despair on herself. Yes, she wanted to curse Annabeth so that she would feel Calypso's despair.

She dwelt on the last thought for a few moments before quickly pushing it aside, but it was too late; the Arai had heard it

'We the Arai, take your curse and make it ours. Our duty to punish- to pass it on'

"No! I take it back! I Take back the curse!

'What is done is done. The curse shall be passed on.'

"I was out of my mind! I wasn't thinking! Take the curse back! Please!"

'The arai know that you meant it. You know it as well. Worry not, the curse shall be passed on. Despair shall be passed on.'

"No! Please!"

No reply.

And like that, Calypso made one more horrible mistake.

But the arai live in Tartarus. It's fine. Nothing will happen to her. The back of her mind assured her. But Calypso had a horrible feeling in her gut- something bad was going to happen.

She hated the gods- she even had some resentment for Percy (though she still- sadly- had a crush on him). So why did she curse Annabeth? Sure, she was bitter and she hated to admit it- she had meant it when she cursed Annabeth- but she didn't have to curse her. So why did she? 

She forced her thoughts away and went to take care of the plants in her garden.

[ LE TIME SKIP ]

Percy's P.O.V

(A/N: This part is mainly copied from the book- but OBVIOUSLY, there are some changes)

Surprisingly, Percy was relieved when the demon grandmothers closed in for the kill. He was still terrified. The odds of them getting out alive was really less. But he was tired of just walking in the darkness waiting to be attacked. At least he understood fighting.

"Back off." Percy growled, uncapping Riptide.

'We are the Arai. You cannot destroy us.'

"Don't touch them." Annabeth warned. "They're the spirits of curses."

"Bob doesn't like curses." Bob decided.

(A/N: Remembers that Bob dies and starts crying)

The titan swept his broom in a wide arc, (while Small Bob hid in his coveralls) forcing the arai spirits back. But they started advancing towards them again.

'We serve the bitter and defeated. We serve the slain who prayed for vengeance with their final breath. We have many curses to share with you.'

The firewater in Percy's stomach started crawling up his throat. He must've gotten a lot of curses in that case. He forced himself to speak. "I appreciate the offer, but my mom told me not to accept curses from strangers."

[ TIME SKIP CUZ IM TOO LAZY ]

One of the demons lunged at Annabeth. Instinctively she killed it and the arai disintegrated into dust. But instantly Annabeth dropped her rock and cried in alarm.

"I can't see!" She touched her face, looking around wildly. Her eyes were pure white.

'Polythemus cursed you when you tricked him with your invisibility in the Sea of Monsters. You called yourself Nobody. He could not see you. Now you will not see your attackers.'

"I've got you." Percy promised Annabeth. Though he wasn't sure how he would protect either of them.

As the arai leaped towards them, Bob yelled, "SWEEP!"

His broom whooshed over Percy's head and the arai were knocked over like bowling pins. Bob whacked a few arai to dust.

Percy held his breath, waiting for some terrible curse to affect him- but he seemed fine.

"Bob? You okay?" Percy asked. "No curses?"

"No curses for Bob!" Bob agreed happily.

'The Titan is already cursed. Why should we torture him further? You, Percy Jackson, have already destroyed his memory.'

Bob's spearhead dipped.

"Bob, don't listen to them," Annabeth said. "They're evil!"

Bob turned towards Percy. "My memory..... It was you?"

'Curse him Titan! Add to our numbers!'

Percy's heart pressed against his spine."Bob, it's a long story. I didn't want to become your enemy. I tried to make you a friend."

'By stealing your life. Leaving you in the palace of Hades to scrub floors!'

Annabeth gripped Percy's hand. "Which way to go?" she whispered. "If we have to run?"

He understood. If Bob didn't protect them, their only chance was to run.

"Bob listen," He tried again. "the arai want to get you angry. They spawn from bitter thoughts. Don't give them what they want. We are your friends. We care for you."

Even as he said it. He felt like a liar. What made them friends? The fact that Percy needed him now? He hated it when the gods used him for their errands. But now Percy was treating Bob the same way.

'You see his face? The boy cannot even convince himself. Did he visit you, after he stole your memory?'

"No," Bob murmured. His lower lip quivered. "The other one did."

"The other one?" Percy asked.

"Nico." Bob replied, his eyes full of hurt. "Nico visited. Told me about Percy. Said Percy was good. Said he was a friend. That is why Bob helped."

"But..." Percy's voice disintegrated like someone had hit it with a Celestial bronze blade.

The arai attacked and this time Bob did not stop them.

[A/N: Sorry if this is really cheesy, but I'm trying. It's my first time writing a fanfic. And also- Pls don't give too much hate in the comments. I'm (obviously) fine with constructive critism though. 

Also, I'm tagging  soooo yaa.... That's how it works right? cuz im dumb.]