Chapter: 19

Chapter 19

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Rick Riordan does.
Also: Swear words alert!

----------

Percy was done with the manticore. He flicked his wrist in exasperation- loads of water came from the nearby creek and a few ponds, crushing Dr. Thorn, and sending him back to Tartarus.

That stunt was particularly exhausting, since it took a lot of water to crush a monster like Dr. Thorn.

He was about to sit down for a few minutes when he heard a distant scream. It sounded familiar...

He headed towards the sound, finding a large fire on the way, and extinguished it with some water.

He heard another shout, "Go away!"

The voice was definitely familiar. A few seconds later he heard a very loud shout, "Oooh, MARSHMALLOW!"

A growl followed that, and another yell.

Percy suspected that person was a demigod. He went towards the sound faster, before hearing a rustle in the leaves from the tree above him, and a small figure falling with a scream.

His reflexes were pretty much the reason he managed to catch the person. But dropped him in surprise the next moment, when he realised who the person was: Leo.

"Ow!" Leo fell face first into the dirt. He turned up, and he did not look good. His face was covered with dust- that was normal for him, actually- he was littered with cuts, and worst of all, he had a big gash on his stomach, and he looked like at least 10 of his bones were broken.

But there was no time for either of them to say anything, as the next moment, with a growl, Percy's old friend the Nemean Lion, jumped down the tree.

"That explains a lot," He muttered as he picked up riptide, which he had dropped to catch Leo.

"Hey, you!" He shouted, running slightly away from Leo, hoping to distract the lion. Thankfully it worked. The lion's tongue was bleeding, which meant that his friend had also figured the its weak spot.

Leo groaned, getting up, while the lion growled at Percy in distaste.

"You growl a lot," He murmured, as it ran towards him. He kept himself still, until it pounced, opening its mouth for the meal, where he shoved his sword down the monster's throat, taking a step back.

It howled in pain, and almost immediately went still, dissolving into golden dust, and leaving nothing but it's a jacket from its pelt.

Percy ignored it, and ran towards his injured friend. Sure, he had been angry at him for bringing Calypso back, but he was mainly angry at her, not him. It really wasn't Leo's fault, and Percy actually admired how he had done things his way, instead of waiting for someone else to do it.

At the moment, the son of Hephaestus was leaning against a tree, surprisingly still conscious, "You're a good fighter," Leo said, popping in some ambrosia in his mouth, "You've even learnt to fight in style. Interesting."

Percy rolled his eyes, and helped Leo up to his feet, letting his friend lean on him for support, "Shut up. Right now, you need medical treatment."

"You've also learnt some fancy words," Leo noted.

A few minutes into walking, with Leo's occasional cursing, they both reached his mother's house.

He knocked on the door, and it was opened by none but his mother, Sally Jackson. She had gotten grey strands of hair, and there were a few more wrinkles on her face, but she still looked beautiful as always.