Chapter 5

It was 3 days after their most recent session when Bucky finally called Alex. 

"Hey Alex, It's Bucky."

"Hey Bucky! How are you?"

"Uh, I'm good thanks. I was wondering if we could still organize that coffee?"

"Yes! Of course. Well I'm free all day Thursday and the weekend."

"Okay, how about Thursday morning. Around 9?"

"That sounds great."

"Okay, I'll send you the name of the coffee place."

"Cool..."

"Do you want me to come pick you up?"

"That would be great, thanks."

"No problem! I'll see you later then."

"Yep! Bye Bucky!

"Bye Alex."

-----------------

Alex woke up at 7 on Thursday. For other women, they would need hours and hours to get ready, but Alex wasn't too bothered about it...

Okay, maybe she was a little bit bothered about it.

She showered, did her make-up, curled her hair, and got into some 'casual but nice' clothes.

Alex had to admit, she was extremely nervous. She hadn't gone out with a guy for years. This was quite a foreign experience for her. She'd never really danced in this area, only ever a few times after she retired from the army. 

---------------

Come on Bucky, you can do this. You used to dance in this area.

Bucky was more nervous than he thought he would be. He really liked Alex. Like, a lot more than he thought he would. It was the first time he'd really made a connection with someone after the blip. 

He decided to buy some flowers the day before. He nearly didn't, thinking it was too old fashioned, but on the 1 other time he's been on a date in the last 80 years, the girl liked the flowers. He just hoped she wasn't allergic.

Bucky dressed in some nice clothes. Well, nicer than normal, for him. He felt he needed to make an effort with his outfit, and dressing 'casual but nice' seemed like the safest option.

--------------

My clothes are too casual.

My clothes are too fancy.

Is the make-up too much?

Do I need more make-up?

Alex was sure she'd messed something up before it even started. She looked at the clock. 8:40 am. Bucky would be here soon. 

Alex just tried to relax in that time. She was ready, now she just needed to wait for Bucky to come. She tried to calm down the jitters in her stomach, but it wasn't working, so she just went over everything she was going to bring again and again.

Ding dong

-----------------

Bucky waited outside Alex's house. He was nervous. Really nervous. He kept asking himself all these questions over and over again, but he finally relaxed when Alex opened the door.

She looks beautiful.

Bucky sort of forgot to speak for a second, before pulling out the flowers from behind his back.