Chapter 6

"So any more nightmares Bucky?"

"I had one about three nights ago. But last night was okay."

Alex nodded slowly, but something was off. Bucky looked tired, well, more tired than normal. The bags under his eyes were now more obvious than ever, and his eyes were red.
"How much sleep did you get?"

"Uh, an hour or two, maybe, I don't know."

Alex sighed. 

"Bucky... You can't avoid nightmares by not sleeping. I know cause I've tried. It's horrible for your body, okay."

Bucky sighed and looked away, but Alex inched closer to him to get his attention.

"Bucky, I'm trying to help you, you know that. Just... please try and take some of my advice."

Bucky nodded.
"Okay." He muttered, just loud enough for Alex to hear.

"Thank you..."

There was a little silence, before Bucky decided to change the subject. 

"...I learnt what Pinterest was."

Alex smiled. "Really?"

"Yeah," Bucky chuckled. "It's pretty fun. There's like so much to do. And those, what do you call them... mee-mees?-"

"Memes?"

"Yeah, those, they're funny."

"... wow. Mee-mees-"

"Hey-"

"In a good way, Bucky. Honestly, missed opportunity." Both Alex and Bucky laughed. 

"Okay... So unfortunately, I do have some required questions to ask you. I still need to get paid." Alex chuckled, so did Bucky.

"Yeah, that makes sense." He smiled at her.

Alex flipped through her notebook, quickly finding a question to ask.

"Okay... What about this question. How do you feel, about your metal arm."

"Oh... okay, uh."

Bucky thought for a second. It was obviously a complicated thing to ask.
" I'm not really sure. It just reminds me of him."

"Him being... the Winter Soldier?"

"Yeah.. I mean, it used to be a lot worse."

Alex raised her eyebrows, wanting Bucky to continue.

"Well I had the same arm for decades, but then in a fight with Tony, it was blasted off. That was probably the best thing that happened. Once I got to Wakanda, they gave me a fresh start, which included the new vibranium arm. Lot's of the horrible things that I did over the years, I did with that arm. So it felt nice to not carry it anymore."

"So you're comfortable with your new arm?"

"Well no. I still try and hide it when I'm out in public. People recognize me because of my arm. People are scared of me. So it's better for everyone if I hide it."

Alex sighed softly. She understood where Bucky was coming from. That arm doesn't have the best reputation. 

"That's fair enough." Alex nodded.
"So, I think we can move on for now? If you would like."

"Okay..."

"So this question may be a little harder to answer, are you okay with that."

"... Yeah... yeah."