Chapter 10

A/N: the picture above had me laughing for a good 5 minutes so I thought I'd share it because it is now my favourite thing ever.

Alex kicks a rock on the ground, watching it roll across the path. There were sirens sounding in the distance, echoing throughout the neighbourhood Alex lived in. 

She was walking home after going to a nearby cafe to grab something for lunch, holding her brown paper bag with a croissant and a donut, as she heard a peculiar noise coming from an alleyway up ahead.

Well, she had watched a few horror movies in her time, and she knew nothing good ever came from going towards the creepy noise, but Alex's curiosity got the better of her.

Alex got to the alleyway, inching her head just enough so that she could see what was happening. And there stood someone she thought she would never see again.

"Miss Metrova?"

-----------

"Thanks for the help Buck.."

Bucky sighed, putting a hand on his co-workers shoulder.

"Of course." And then Bucky strolled off to get back home.

He had just finished helping out with Sam's family boat for a couple days, along with him and Sam playing around with the shield a little. Bucky also took his chance to apologise to Sam, something he had wanted to do for a while. 

He had felt good for the first time since his little movie date with Alex, but that didn't really go completely to plan. 

In-fact, things were going amazingly until he had a nightmare. He really thought he wouldn't have one. After all, he felt more comfortable around Alex than he had felt around anyone else in a while. But that's probably why he had a nightmare. Because he was scared. Scared to lose her.

He couldn't even bear to think about if something happened to her. They had only known each other for a short amount of time, but Bucky was so comfortable around her. He felt things he'd never felt before, things he was confused about, but they were good things.

Bucky hadn't made a new appointment with Alex yet, so he decided to text her about when he could schedule, but a message already waited on the screen, from Alex.

----------

"Miss Metrova?" Alex said, her Russian accent accidentally slipping through when she said her old acquaintance's name. 

"Glad you remember me, Miss Novikova-" The lady said, her Russian accent being very prominent. 

"That's not my name."

The lady let out a weak chuckle, but it gave Alex chills that ran down her spine. 

"Well, new name, new country, new identity. Did you really think we wouldn't find you."

Alex let out an amused laugh, "Of course I knew you'd find me. I'm not dumb, I know you've been following me lately. I payed attention for the first 16 years you were teaching me-"

"Well then you should know it is stupid to use my own tricks against me." She spat. 

"No offence Miss Metrova, but I can."

The woman let out a great sigh, taking a step closer the Alex.

"You're coming back Miss Novikova."

"No I'm not."

"And why do you think you won't?"

"Respectfully, I'm not a part of your school anymore, Miss. And I'm an American now too. I can't just waltz back into that horrid place and expect everyone to welcome me with open arms, can I?"

Miss Metrova was beginning to lose her patience.

"You will come back."

"You've already ruined my life, Miss! You gave me the treatment! What else do you want from me?" Alex snapped, anger starting to arise in her demeanor. 

"We need another teacher. And you will comply."

"What if I don't?"

Miss Metrova looked her in the eyes with an emotionless grin. "We'll have to do it my way then. You are coming back to the Red Room, whether you like it or not."

Even hearing the woman say The Red Room made Alex shiver. In all honesty, she was always going to be forced back. She could never truly escape that place. But she hoped. She hoped that maybe they would just let her live her life. 

They had already given her the treatment. It ruined her future. They ruined the one thing Alex had always wanted growing up, even in the psychotic place she used to call home. But she couldn't have them. She would never have kids, and it was something that broke her every day.

Before she could get all sad about it, Miss Metrova came towards her.

At this point, she wasn't even surprised at her teacher. She knew she was going to lose. It was fighting a losing battle. But it was better than not fighting at all.

"Ты не хочешь эту александру" You don't wanna do this, Alexandra.

"Ты прав. Но я должен" You're right. But I must.

The woman let out one more sigh before running at the girl, Alex doing the same. It had been years since Alex had actually fought someone. And she couldn't of imagined it would be against her old teacher either. But here she was.

Alex tried to use everything she learnt during her time in the Red Room, but it had been so long. She managed to use self-defense for the most part, but she knew she could never win.

She used to be an assassin. But those days were over. She had sworn to never kill again.

Alex gave up a good fight, but as soon as Miss Metrova pulled out a gun, she knew she had to stop.

"You said you needed me. You won't kill me." Alex said, though the confidence in her voice did not match how she was feeling as the woman held her gun.

"Well that is where you are wrong, Alexandra. It's either you come with me, or you die. And I don't mind which one you chose. But those are the only options."

Alex sighed, knowing she had to give in. She glanced at her teacher, specifically at the black eye that was forming on the woman's face. At least she tried, right?

"When are we leaving?"

"Tonight."

‐---------

Bucky glanced at the text from Alex.

Alex: I'm out of town for a while, dont know when I'm coming back, but I've asked Dr Raynor if she can take your sessions while I'm away.

Bucky was confused. Why would she leave so suddenly? He was talking to her a few days ago and she never mentioned going out of town.

He sighed. He was too old for this. His brain was dead, he was tired. He had another nightmare the night before, the lack of sleep getting to him at this time of day.

So Bucky let it go, deciding to go distract himself from the tiredness and ongoing nightmares.

He had no idea what Alex was really doing.

A/N:

500 READS OMG THANK YOU GUYS SM

Quick question: Does anyone else have lamingtons (cause grammarly seems to think they don't exist)? If not, you guys are MISSING OUT THEY'RE SO GOOD. 

And I also I just spent 3 hours trying to write a 1000 word short story for my school writing club ITS SO HARD. Why is it so hard to write something when it isn't Marvel ugh.

I won't be updating as much cause school is back and I'm sort of dying but that's fine.

Vote if you liked this chapter!

Ok thanks bye :)