Chapter 7

I opened my mouth to reply when the pulling sensation from earlier, only stronger this time, had me turning my gaze to two, clear glass cases that held a crown in each. My feet started moving in that direction against my control, like my body was on autopilot. No matter how much I tried to turn it around, it wouldn't oblige. 

I was a feet away from the case with the Queen's crown when it suddenly released a bright light that had me wincing as I closed my eyes. 

A small gasp sounded from behind me, making me turn to face Rose's bewildered, but happy features. " I can, but cannot believe it." She whispered.

"Believe what?" I asked with a raised eyebrow in confusion," Actually, what just happened?"

"What happened is we need to get you out of here for now. Come on." She called, nervousness suddenly marring her once happy features.

"What's wrong?" I asked as panic slowly started filling my body.

"Nothing bad," She said with a reassuring smile, but the nervousness still remained on her feature," I'll explain it all on the way, I promise, but for now, we have to get you out of here."

I bit my lip but nodded at her as I made my way to her. She offered me her hand, which I reluctantly took because of the urging smile she gave me.

We basically sprinted out of the room and when I turned around, the door had already closed and I felt as if I had lost something important of mine behind.

Even though we ended up speed walking down the halls, it felt like it took more time to get out than it did to get inside the palace. I didn't even bother reminding her about her promise until we were on the unicorns again and inside the forest.

"What happened back there?" I practically shouted.

"Calm down, Mira. Let me explain, please?" She softly pleaded. I nodded and waited as she released a quiet sigh," Remember what I told you about soulmates, the crown alerting soulmates, and so forth?" 

"Yes?" I answered cautiously, but questioningly.

Well, you are Nick's soulmate. The rightful Queen of Luminary. The crown chose you, which acted as confirmation to my assumption from when I saw how you and Nick interacted earlier. Another indicator was when you entered into the treasury. Remember, the whole castle is enchanted, so as much as it allows entry inside, it does not allow entry into the treasury unless you are of royalty somehow and of the purest heart. It explains the pulling sensation I had towards you when we first met until now and it also explains the need I had to bring you here and the bond you share with Sapphire. I am so sorry for not telling you all this until now. I was not sure until you entered the treasury. I only started having my assumption when I saw your interaction with Nick." She apologised with guilty eyes.

"Wow." I said.

"I know you probably hate me about now." She whispered, looking down at her balled hands.

"I don't. I'm just surprised and its just a lot to process." I explained, smiling softly at her.

She looked up at me with a small smile before saying," I wonder how it will work, because all I hope is everything works out between you two so Nick will not marry that stuck up, Princess from Aquaria." She pouted, making a laugh break out from me and breaking the tension in the air even as the idea of Nick marring another woman felt unsettling to me for some reason. 

But facing reality, I know he'll be marrying her because first of all, she's royalty and I'm not. Secondly, she's from their world and I am not. Thirdly, I'm just a teenage, high school student while he seems to be in his twenties and is not only royalty, but the crowned prince, the future king of a large kingdom. He is confident, I'm shy and insecure. We're literally polar opposites.

"Alright, we can stop here. We are far enough away from the palace," Rose said making the unicorns simultaneously stop, " I hope you are alright with me slightly probing your mind so I can make a portal that will take you home. I apologise that I will not be accompanying you, but if I go with you, I will have to walk from your house to the portal because I will not have enough magic to teleport myself back from your world, plus teleportation is quite draining for me." She explained with an apologetic smile.

"Okay. Go ahead." I replied.

We both got off the unicorns before I brushed them and told them goodbye. Rose and I then faced each other before Rose lifted her palm and closed her eyes as a dim, golden hue surrounded her body before moving into mine, making a gasp escape my lips at the warm feeling it filled me with. We stood like that for about a minute before Rose turned and snapped her fingers. A small, shiny sparkle appeared in mid-air before it expanded and I saw my home's driveway. 

"Here we are," Rose said, turning back to me with a small smile," I suppose I will see you on Monday?"

"Yeah," I whispered," Thanks for the portal." I smiled.

"Anytime. I really am sorry about everything." She apologised, looking down at her shoes clad feet.

"Its okay. No need to keep apologising. You didn't do anything wrong." I lightly laughed, before opening my arms for her.

She practically flew into them in an embrace with no ounce of hesitation," You are most certainly better than Beatrice." She whispered before letting me go, "Now go before the portal starts closing. I might be stronger here, but I am most definitely not that strong as of yet." 

I nodded, before turning to Empress and Sapphire a wave, getting neighs in return before I walked to the portal. I turned around and sent Rose a reassuring smile and a wave which she returned with a small smile and a wave in return before I faced the portal again and walked through. 

I was once again surrounded by colours of the rainbow before I was standing in the familiar driveway of my home. I let out a sigh before I slowly trudged to the door and pulled out my keychain from my bag before before inserting it into the keyhole of our dark brown, wooden door resulting in a quiet 'click' as I twisted the key. I pulled open the door before inserting the key into the keyhole of the trolley door, resulting in a similar 'click' sound coming from it.

I pulled it open before walking into the cool, quiet house. A sigh once again left my lips as I closed the door and locked it before doing the same for the trolley door. What to do now except thinking about Luminary? Homework.

I made my way to the kitchen and took a banana from the fruit bowl. I peeled the peel down and started munching on it, managing to finish in minutes. I threw it in the dustbin before making my way to my room. I opened the door and walked in, closing the door behind me. I pulled my bag off my shoulder and put it on my bed before taking off my shoes and climbing onto the bed. 

Now for some homework. Starting with Accounting seems like a good start, right? With that last thought, I pulled out my Accounting book, textbook, files and stationary. 

The moment my pencil touched my book, I was lost in my work.

*****

"And I'm done. Yay." I said in a singsong voice as I put my bag on the floor," Now for my reward."

I got off my bed and slipped on my comfy, baby blue coloured sleepers. I grabbed my phone before heading back to the kitchen to get some ice-cream. I pulled out my favourite white and sky blue coloured bowl and a spoon before pulling out the tub of vanilla, chocolate and caramel flavoured  ice-cream. 

I filled my bowl to the brim with the sweet treat before making my way to the living room to watch a movie. I placed my bowl on the coffee table before pulling out one of my all time favourite movies, Meet the Robinsons. 

What can I say, I love animation.