Chapter 10

We walked into the full park where a familiar, tall figure stood leaned against a willow tree separated from everyone with a device in hand. My heart started thumping faster and threatened to jump out of my chest and to Nicholas' relaxed masculine figure. 

He looked handsome in his white shirt, black skinny jeans and black dress shoes. His brunette hair was sleeked back with gel with not a single, loose tendril in sight. 

"You're staring." Chuckled Rose knowingly from next to me.

"Am not." I declined.

"Are too." She said before jumping the next few steps to her brother's side who immediately lifted his head to look at me with the same void eyes as the first day we met. They chilled my spine and made me want to cringe away in fear.

"Did I ever mention I totally despise tardiness," He said in that controlled tone of his before his eyes raked my body, making me nervously fidget against his concentrated stare," But I'll make an exception for today, Darling. You look exquisite." He complimented with a small smile, the darkness of his void eyes, disappearing and letting his feelings show. 

"Umm, thank you." I shyly said, the only male people that have ever complimented me in my entire life are my family members and some boys I used to go to school with in Grade 10. 

"You are very welcome. Now, can we please take our leave, I am tired of the females of this world flirting with me." He said in disgust, his eyes meeting with a group of women having a picnic as they stared at him, biting their lips in what I assume had to seem seductive.

A groan of irritation left him before he had his arm wrapped around my waist as he gently pulled me as close to his chest as possible. I quirked my eyebrow questioningly at him, just for his lips to connect with mine for a brief second, leaving me standing frozen in astonishment. What do I do? Do I kiss him back? what?

He slowly broke us apart and straightened up to his full stature that towered above my short one effortlessly. I only reached his chest at my short stature so I had to crane my neck to look him in the eye.

"Nicholas!" Whined Rosella, reminding me of her presence," Never repeat such an act in front of me again. She is my best friend if you do not recall."

"And she is my fated love." He replied raising a perfectly arched eyebrow as if challenging Rose to say something.

She just huffed and walked down the pathway we came up with.

"Shall we?" He asked, getting my attention once more and making me realise that his arm was still securely locked around my waist.

"Umm Nicholas?" I softly asked.

"Hmm." He hummed in response looking down at me.

"Your arm is still, I paused," Wrapped around my waist."

He tilted his head in confusion and tightened his hold if that's even possible and asked," Is that a problem?"

"Umm, nooo." I nervously laughed.

He pulled me more into his side if that's even possible before guiding me down the path Rosella had just gone down a few minutes ago. 

"Does anyone here have any form of dignity?" He asked as we stopped in front of a white SUV.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion as he opened the backseat door before motioning for me to enter with his outstretched, unoccupied arm. I left his side as his arm slackened around my waist and slid into the creamy white, leather seat. Next to me sat an already buckled up Rosella with her cellphone in hand and earbuds firmly placed in her ears as she furiously typed and swiped at her phone's screen.