Chapter 17

A gentle knock at the door had Rosella and I turning towards it as we peaked at it from over our mountain of blankets. She turned to me questioningly, which I replied to with a shrug.

"Come in." She called out.

The door opened to Nick's familiar, tall build as he closed the door and made his way towards the bed.

"My apologies for bothering you, but I needed to bring my Darling something of importance." He shrugged as he sat at the edge of the bed, a small, royal blue squared box nestled in between his hands.

"I suppose this is my queue to leave?" Rosella asked even as she sat up and made her way to her joined bathroom across the room.

"Well, this is for you," He said as soon as Rosella had closed the door to the bathroom. I looked at him questioningly as he moved to crouch in front of me on the bed. He opened the box to reveal a silver ring with three diamonds that shaped into a three leafed clover, the kingdom's symbol and emblem I've noticed," May I?"

I raised an eyebrow questioningly," What is it for?" I asked.

"It contains some of my magic which will allow you to enter Luminary without assistance from Rosella nor I. It will also allow you to enter the royal treasury without our assistance as well." He explained, leaving me bewildered.

"No, I can't accept it." I instantly declined.

"Unfortunately, this is non negotiable, Darling," He smiled just for me to feel something cold touch my ring finger that snapped me to my hand. There on my finger was the ring snuggly circling my finger," It suits you."

"What will people say at school when they see an engagement like ring on my finger?" I panicked," They will think I am either married or engaged." I seethed.

"Well, technically speaking Darling, we are engaged," He threw over his shoulder, not even turning for a second to look at my panicked state as he opened the door," Have a lovely night, my Darling." He winked at me, a small smirk lining his lips as he closed the bedroom doors behind him before his disappearing footsteps sounded as he walked down the hall.

"Finally!" Rosella drawled as she made her way out of the bathroom before her footsteps halted, her eyes remaining glued on the shiny jewel around my finger," Oh my word!" She excitedly squealed, running to me and jumping on the bed. Her hand instantly took mine into hers as she intently inspected the ring on my finger in awe," I cannot believe he gave you the ring already!"

"Why?" I shakily asked in concern.

Rosella waved her hand in dismissal," It is most certainly a good thing, Mira. She reassured with a smile of pure joy as her eyes smiled at me," It basically makes you officially engaged."

"I can't wear this ring!" I exclaimed, my eyes popping out of my eye sockets if that's possible as I desperately looked at her.

"Yes you can," She brushed me off as she let go of my hand in slipped in under the covers next to me," Besides, it seems Nick has enchanted it." She shrugged," Now, sleep, are you not exhausted?"

If only she knew how tired I actually was, but this little situation is not allowing my mind to sleep as tired as it is.

"I know, he told me," I whined to my sleepy friend, making a groan leave her lips. "I need to talk to him about this."

"You can talk to him tomorrow morning, for now let's sleep please." She pleaded

Trying to comply to Rosella's wishes, I pulled the covers over my head and closed my eyes but the thoughts continuously ran through my mind.