Chapter 18

I turned and opened my eyes to Nicholas' familiar open bedroom. The coldness of the sheets beneath me  told me that I was now on Nicholas' side on the bed and he had left a while back. Just as that thought left my mind, Nicholas appeared from the bathroom with his hands buttoning a button from his baby blue shirt that he had on.

He smiled at me when his eyes spotted my staring eyes from the bed and made his way towards me on the bed.

"Good morning, Darling," He softly greeted, leaning down to press a kiss onto my forehead," I hope you enjoyed sharing the bed with me as I you." He winked, moving to the floor length mirror, leaving me to my embarrassment.

"Where are you going?" I asked instead to ignore the embarrassment that burned in my heart as I looked at him tie a white tie around his neck.

"I have a meeting with the other royal households to discuss my coronation and possibly our wedding."  He said the last part cautiously," I understand that you do not wish to wed me as we are still early in our relationship and you are still quite young, so I will try to prolong it as much as I am allowed to do so, Darling."

I smiled a smile that I hope showed all my gratitude as he pulled on his blazer.

"Thank you, Nick." I smiled.

"Anything for you, Darling," He smiled at me, walking towards me on the bed. He stood in front of me before crouching down and looking at me with a bit of hesitation in his eyes and on hi face," Darling," He paused, releasing a sigh as he nervously looked at me," I am aware that this might take you completely aback and you might doubt my honestly, but I want you to know that regardless of us only knowing each other, you have stolen my heart. I have fallen for you and you have unknowingly captured my heart in those small hands of yours." He lightly chuckled," I expect no reply from you and I do not wish for you to r-" He stopped as I gently cupped his face into my palms as I connected our lips for a short kiss.

I pulled away with a smile on my face as he gave me a boyish grin," I won't say anything, but I want you to know that I really do care for you, Nick and already at this point in time, I can no longer imagine a life without you. I don't know if this is how falling for someone feels like or if this is how loving someone feels like, but I do know that you already own a piece of my heart because just the sight of you makes it melt, just the sight of you creates butterflies in my stomach, makes my brain turn numb and my knees go weak. You are my dream come true in more ways than I can imagine and I am just grateful to have your affections that I have grown to love and enjoy so much in the span of a couple weeks," I giggled," But I understand that love can't be controlled and as such it can't be rushed so I will need all the patience you can give me as I figure it out even though it simply can't be understood." I smiled.

"Basically, what I am trying to ask for is for your patience." I shyly simplified as I bit my bottom lip.

"Always, Darling." He softly replied before reconnecting our lips, making a spark ignite and rush through my body, making it buzz in happiness as it felt like I was floating on a cloud. 

He pulled away before quickly stealing another peck," You can sleep a bit longer, Darling. I will see you after my meeting." 

"Okay." I smiled as I watched him stand get off the floor and make his way to the door. With one last smile and wink my way, he slipped out of the room, leaving ,e to my thoughts and the silence of the room.

I immediately grabbed a pillow and squealed excitedly into it.

My life is a fairytale and I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

*****

"I am so elated your parents allowed you to sleep over this weekend, having you at the palace is always fun." Rosella bounced in excitement.