69th hunger games (pt 1)

I woke up to my stylist, Anastasia, giving me my outfit to try on. I wore green cargos and a brown thermal top. It was pretty average so I assumed the climate wouldn't be too cold or hot.

Guessing that I must have woken up late, I was quickly rushed out the building without a word.

———————————————————————

I was in an underground room. There was glass tube at the end of it that would take me up to the arena.

Arabella took my hair and quickly tied it up at the back of my head.

A low voice called "20 seconds".

"You'll be great." She whispered.

I gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Good luck y/n"

"10 seconds" the low voice called again.

"Thank you." I said as I went to stand in the glass tube.

She blew me a kiss as I rose in the tube.

I felt like I could have passed out from the nerves gathering in my stomach.

———————————————————————

I looked around the arena rapidly, aware of the 1 minute warning.

We were in a forest, towering pine trees enclosed us around the cornucopia.

I darted my eyes around, looking for Atlas.

Next to me were the guy from two and girl from 1. Great. I was going to get fucking killed before I could take two steps.

I spotted him with 15 seconds to go.

He was at 2 o'clock from me. I could see him looking in my direction too. He gave a small nod, trying to make it unnoticeable, I guessed.

8 seconds.

I looked towards the cornucopia, various blades catching my eyes.

The horn blew.

Almost on instinct I sprinted towards the cornucopia.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see the girl from 1 beating up the boy from 6 next to her.

The cannon went. Boy from 6 probably dead.

I was at the cornucopia, I flung a backpack onto my back, I assumed it had rope and some tools in.

I saw knives ahead of me, I began running to get them as they were my weapon of choice.

Looking up quickly, saw the guy from 9 trying to stab someone.

It was Atlas.

Just as he was about to stab Atlas in the chest, I stretched his arm behind his back, pulling him off Atlas and slamming him to the ground. As I hadn't got round to picking the knives up I had no weapon.

I put my hands around his throat, trying my best to prevent him from getting up, and hit my fist to his forehead, knocking him out.

"Get the knives" I called to Atlas.

He got them and followed me, running into the woods.

When we thought we were far enough for anyone to have traced us we stopped, gasping for oxygen. Well, I was - Atlas barely broke a sweat.

We were in the middle of nowhere.

"Thanks for that." Atlas said, calmer than would be expected.