Chapter 5

Talia's Point Of View

Jamari and I talked a lot last night on FaceTime, to the point where I fell asleep on the phone with him and woke up at 6 o'clock in the morning to see a sleeping Jamari. I gathered my clothes, choosing light blue skinny jeans with holes on in the knees and a baggy black crop top that says sunshine on it with a sun. I have an hour to get ready so I took my time and sat on my bed for a while just playing on my phone.

"You paused me?" Jamari said, clearly he just woke up.

"Sorry I was scrolling through Instagram." I smile. Going back to the call and seeing him shirtless. He has a tattoo on the left part of his chest, it says Believe. He said he got it to remind himself that you can do anything as long as you believe you can, he said it helped him throughout school. He is in gray sweatpants, sitting up rubbing his eyes.

"Good morning." I smile.

"Good morning beautiful." He says, I blushed, he just called me beautiful in that sexy morning voice. It made butterflies in my stomach.

"I'm going to take a shower." I smiled.

"Bye." He waves.

"Bye." I say, ending the call.

I gather all of my clothes and walk to the bathroom. My brothers are still up getting ready, they didn't have to drag me out of bed this time. I got in the shower and quickly washed my hair and body. I got out and dried my hair, I put on my bra, underwear, shirt, and jeans and then put my hair in Dutch braided, which took me a while. I washed my face with my scrub and brushed my teeth, walking out of the bathroom and back into my bedroom, grabbing my socks and black and white cans and slipping them on.

"Talia!" I heard Elijah call from downstairs. I walk downstairs and he smiles, "I made you breakfast, blueberry pancakes and bacon."

"Thank you." I smile, giving him a hug before sitting down and digging in. Thomas came and sat beside me, eating.

"Talia, I applied for Walmart so Elijah or Joseph are going to pick you up and take you home from school." Thomas said. "I applied and I got the job."

"I'm pretty sure I can get someone to take me home. They don't have to." I say taking a bite of my pancake. I don't like on pancakes, it's good with eggs and bacon though. "Taylen, Isabelle, and Olivia all drive."

"Okay, well they are really short staffed so I start work today. You think you could ask them today?" He asked I nod and eat my breakfast.

"Talia, you can not be serious are you actually wearing a crop top to school?" Elijah asked.

"What? The principle got fired so our new principle could care less what we wear, they don't really I force dress code unless somebody shows up in booty shorts and a sports bra. As long as it isn't too bad it's fine." I say.

"But I am your brother and I don't want guys staring at you." Elijah says.

"Well I like my outfit and I don't want to change." I say, finishing my second pancake. The pancakes are a normal size, I ate two and had a piece of bacon and I am full. I grab two oranges from the bag and a Pepsi from the fridge. "Do you guys have like five dollars?" I asked.

"Yea here." Elijah sighed handing me a 20z "that is for the whole week so don't spend it all in one day."

"Thanks, your the best big brother ever." I hug him.

"What about me?" Thomas whined.

"He made breakfast and gave me money, he deserves the title for right now, you aren't quite worthy of that responsibility yet." I say, walking up to my room. I decided to add a black belt to my look at it made it better. I added silver, square earrings and a matching necklace. Very cute.

I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs, looking at Thomas. "Ready?" He asked.

"Yup." I smile, following him out to the car.

When we got to school I couldn't believe it. We parked right next to a black Jeep Wrangler. Jamari is leaning on the side of it. A few girls are admiring him and his car from a few feet behind. I mean he is pretty hot. "Hey Jamari." I smile, getting out of my brothers old car and walking over to Jamari.

"Hey Beautiful." He smiles, pulling me in for a hug. "How'd you sleep?" He asked.

"I slept good." I nod.

"Same." He said.

"I'm feeling more like a third wheel. So I'm going to head to class." Thomas said.

"Okay." I say and he walks away.

"So." He says, looking at me.

"So." I copy.

"Would you like to go out on a date?" He asked. "Tonight maybe? If you don't have any plans. I know I asked about basketball or soccer last night but Thomas has to work sooo.. yea."

"Sure, what will we be doing?" I asked.

"Let's go!" He celebrated, "It's a surprise but you can dress comfortable, maybe jeans it's nothing fancy." He said.

"Sure." I said happily. My happiness made his smile grow. "Where is your first class?" He asked. I told him what hall my room is on. "I'll walk you, it's not that far from my first block."

We started to walk towards the school, I noticed Octavious walking a few feet behind us. I didn't say anything to him because I honestly don't care. Jamari did what he said and walked me to my class. I sat down beside Thomas where I sat the first two days and got ready for another boring lesson.

"Today, I have a list of teams for a project, I know what you are thinking, a project on the third day of school, this man in tripping! But it is a partner project." The teacher said. "I'll read out the partners. Thomas and Kaitlyn, Talia and Octavious."

Thomas interrupted. "Could I be with my sister." I could tell he didn't like the fact that I am partnered up with Octavious.

"No this is about learning and meeting new people." The teacher said, continuing to go through his list of names. When he was done he assigned what our project is about. We each got something different. Octavious and I got the problems World War ll had on the world. It's simple 10th grade stuff. The only problem is working with Octavious.

"You can use PowerPoints and I will each team a paper that will show which main topics I want." He handed each group a paper like he said he would do and then sat at his desk and told us to work. I pulled out my laptop and looked at the sheet of paper.

"Octavious." I say to get his attention away from his phone.

"Yea?" He asked.

"So we can do a slide on each topic all we have to do is answer the questions, real simple."

"Yeah okay." He said, he doesn't care about his grade but I care about mine so I snatched his phone from him, turning it off and sitting it in my back pocket. He wasn't happy with me.

"Okay, so this is what we have to do."