Chapter 1

Eden was late. First day of school and she was late. What a great way to start the new school year.

She ran through the campus, fixing her tie as she ran to the locker area. All social decency was forgotten as she vaulted past bushes and middle schoolers, stopping only when she ran into a tall figure who's demeaning posture demanded her utmost respect.

"Ms Eden Agarwall, why do you propose running through a school is the best way to condone an example to those younger than you? "

"Utmost apologies Mr Principal, won't happen again." Eden shrugged and laughed nervously as the balding man looked down at his watch.

"Mr Stevens. Now, Ms Agarwall, unless you want to explain to me why you're almost later than the final bell, I suggest you walk along to your allocated class.

The principal may as well have been talking to nobody as he watched the girl speed walk towards the library, a halfhearted "Yessir, Bye sir!" thrown over her shoulder with a smile.

He frowned as she started running again after a few seconds, before turning on his heel and walking away.

Why did he even bother?

The sliding door made a loud clicking sound as it closed, throwing all chances of Eden slipping to her friends unnoticed out of the window.

"And to think I thought you would show up moderately early for once since you're in grade 10 now"

Mr Parker rolled his eyes as he looked down at his laptop, checking the box near "Eden", before looking up again and frowning at another loud "click" that escaped the door.

"And you're not even the only one late" he murmured before standing up and walking towards her.

Eden turned around to look at the other rule offender, only to slowly look up to catch a glimpse of the other's face.

He was tall

She ignored her teachers droning as she took in this mysterious new person that was behind her. He had an aura that was soft, in a way yet cold. And he was beautiful. From the few moments she could catch him, he looked delicate, with his slender build and distinct features. She watched as he ran his fingers through his mop of dark, straight hair before her teacher's words caught her attention.

" -Lucas Hyeon, our new student. Now that that's cleared up, back to you Agarwall. Now, because it's the first day of school, I shall be lenient. But don't expect the same any other day, especially to you Eden. You need to work on your time management. Now both of you, go take your seats."

Eden met eyes with who she now knew as Lucas, that split second of intense eye-contact sending shivers down her spine. There was something almost...warm in them before a look of indifference crossed his face. He walked to the other side of the classroom, putting his bag on the desk before sitting down. She casually made her way to her friends, avoiding the various degrees of "death glare" that they sent her.

She plonked down in between the two of them on the adjoining bench at the back of the classroom, her pencil case and books hurriedly being thrown on the table before she sat up, smiling at both the girls at her table.

A.k.a, the friends that were currently looking at her with a sense of mass hatred.

"Morning beautiful people, how are we today?"

Eden's attempt at conversation was thrown in a state of disregard as she was swiftly flicked on the forehead.

"You told me you would be here at 8:00 and it is currently 8:43. Do you want to explain?

She turned towards her right to face her best friend.

"I'm so sorry Nik I promise it won't happen again."

Nikita Marie flicked her smooth brown hair over her shoulder before lifting up her hand, attempting to flick Eden again.

"NO Nik, my head still hurts."

"Entertain us as to why you 're late then."

This time the voice came from her right and she turned to look at the owner of the voice.

"I already apologised, Flick"

Felicity Williams just put on a scholarly look as she shuffled some papers, before giving a stern look towards Eden.

"I asked why you were late"

The warning was clear.

" My parents had to drop Nate and Eve off but Eve took way too long with her hair and Nate couldn't find his tie.... I am very much sorry, won't happen again"

Eden trailed off as both of her friends rolled their eyes at her and jotted down notes from the board.

"Whatever. I guess we can forgive you. But as for Lei-

Eden reached for her notebook and pen, half listening to what Nikita was saying before another loud sound made the pen drop onto the table. She glanced up to look at the intruder, before stifling a laugh as sensed the malicious aura dripping from Nikita and Felicity.

Lei walked towards the table as the teacher talked to her, a curious mixture of fear and boredom on her face as she took the seat next to Felicity.

She turned to face her friends, shushing Nikita and Felicity as they opened their mouths to scold her and throwing herself into her own speech.

"Flick, Nik, before you start assaulting me and scolding me, i would just like to say I ain't even that late-

The piercing bell cut through Lei's words as everybody stood up and left to go eat. Eden burst into laughter as Nikita and Felicity started to scold the girl, when the tall stature of who she now knew as Lucas, caught her eye as he walked out the door.

Whatever.

She gathered up her books and dragged her friends through the door, providing shelter for a struggling Lei while Felicity continued to berate her. She left them too before latching Nikitas arm and running off to the lockers.

She needed food.