Part 28

Sound City Music Studio, Van Nuys, California August 19, 1974

Paul and Ava walked hand and hand into the studio, as the occupants of the studio stop playing.

"so you guys finally decide to show up?" Gene questioned snidely.

"sorry it was my fault I...distracted Paul...but we are here now so---" Ava started to say but was interrupted.

"SORRY!? Sorry doesn't fix us loosing money every second that we sat in this studio waiting for you guys to get here!" Gene fumed

"so....the money is the problem or is it me being in the band or both? Because I'm really tired of this on going argument" Ava questioned

"Frankly its both...because you've cost us money and you've been distracting Paul ever since you've joined the band..." Gene said

"God not this again" Paul commented as he walks from Ava's side to grab his guitar and puts the strap around himself.

"don't even get involved in this Paul..." Gene replied glaring at him.

"I will get involved because your blaming me for her being in the band when she did what you asked of her, which if I remember was for her to audition and see if she could keep up with us while we played one of our songs. And she killed it so I don't know why your still harping about this?" Paul asked

"Plus trying to get into the band by convincing all of you that her cousin is trying to kill us which makes no sense what so ever!" Gene continued

"uh...hello? Don't you remember a couple months ago that he attacked me and almost killed me if Ava didn't come and heal me?" Peter questioned

"You know what's funny? Is that you don't bring up Dakota at all...even though she's involved with Ace?" Ava questioned

"I haven't because she hasn't made Ace late to the recording sessions, wasting our money, or distracting him so much that he seems like he's lost interest in the band" Gene listed off.

"Yeah right...like I've lost interest...I'm the main songwriter for this band..." Paul said with a roll of his eyes.

"guys can we just stop arguing and just work..like Gene said we are wasted money while we are just sitting here.." Ava said as she walked over to where her guitar was and pulled the strap over her.

"so are we ready to go or is the bitching going to commence?" Dakota asked through the intercom of the studio.

The group turned toward her voice and saw that she was standing outside of their room in the sound booth.

" I was wondering where you were..." Ava answered as she checked the tuning of her guitar.

"yeah well I got no where else to be so might as well watch the magic happen" Dakota responded as she sat next to the sound tech.

Suddenly the lights inside the studio went out and was shrouded in darkness.

"What the hell!?" Gene said in the darkness

"Dakota...can you get the sound tech to go and turn the breaker back on..." Ava asked hesitantly

"I'm afraid that she can't do that at the moment" the sound tech said over the intercom as Ava looked into the sound booth and saw a pair of glowing eyes.

"Great just great..." Ava murmured as Ava's eyes started glowing as well.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you...Ava..."the sound tech replied as the lights were turned on.

Once the lights were on they saw the sound tech guy standing behind Dakota who was still sitting in the chair with a blade at her neck.

"well I think this is going to be fun don't you.." Cody said as he walking into the sound booth with a wide grin on his face as he looked out into the studio at the band members who were wide-eyed.