Part 39

"hey thanks for coming and checking on me" Ava said as she was changing in the bathroom into one of Paul's t-shirts.

"You would've thought I was a dick if I didn't come in and check on you" Paul replied with a laugh.

"trust me I don't think you could be a bigger dick than Jonathan was today to me" Ava said as she walked out of the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror as she brushed her hair.

"I 'm sorry that he said that to you. Trust me though him and I didn't get off to a good start, he tried to suffocate me before you came in." Paul said as he stood behind Ava and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

"of course he would do that. You threaten him, I sensed that when I came in the room. Now to just figure out why Dakota resurrected him though, especially alone, because she knows that when I tried, well let's just say that it's not a 1 man operation." Ava explained as she finished brushing out her dyed black hair.

"you tried resurrecting him?" Paul asked as he wrapped his arms around her.

"it was right after Cody killed him, I couldn't handle the grief and I thought I could do it. And because I thought I couldn't handle being alive with him dead, but it didn't work not alone at least." Ava explained as she set the brush down and turned around facing Paul.

"how about we change the topic of conversation" Paul said as he looked down at Ava.

"ok...what do you wanna talk about?" Ava asked with a raised brow.

"I don't maybe the fact that since I saw how crazy Jonathan is, well I don't know you seem tamer." Paul said with a playful smile.

"really you think I'm tame?" Ava looked up at Paul with wide eyes.

"well compared to me, yeah you are" Paul said as he was pushed away by Ava.

"that's not tame that's called centuries of practice. I still shocked though." Ava said as she started walking toward Paul.

"about what?" Paul asked with a laugh as his legs hit the back of the bed, stopping his movement.

Suddenly Ava was standing right in front of Paul, her eyes glowing green. She bared her sharpened teeth at him, leaning into him and said, "I've been called a lot of things, but tame has never been one of them. Care to find out why?"

Paul didn't have time to respond as Ava pushed Paul onto the bed, laughing as she moved to crawl on top of Paul, straddling him. Ava trailed her hands over Paul's lower abdomen and up his chest. Her lips were leaving a trail of kisses where her hands had touched him. As her lips moved up, so did her hair. Paul's moans changed to laugh as the open air caused her black strands to dance over his collarbones and neck. When Ava heard him, she pulled away and pushed her hair out of her face as to not let the sensation take the moment into a different direction. Ava continued moving her hands up and stopped when they reached his neck. Ava looked down at Paul, whose eyes where closed, clearly enjoying what Ava was doing to him. Ava leaned down and kissed Paul at the junction where his neck and shoulder meet, but only for a second because that soon was followed by the sting of Ava's teeth entering into his neck.

Paul moaned instinctually at the action and moved his arms to pull Ava closer to him as she drank from him. Paul moved his hands down her body and stopped when they reached Ava's hips and caressed them. Once Paul's hands made contact with Ava's hips, Ava moved her mouth from Paul's neck to Paul's jaw, and then moved to his mouth. Paul smiled into the kiss, and pulled away looking up at her with a smirk on his face.

"what?" Ava said as smirked right back at Paul.

"your not wearing underwear" Paul said simply as he looked at her and smiled.