chapter four.

❞But Dick and Jason get to drive

❞But Dick and Jason get to drive.❞

*

IT'S WEIRD BEING back here in the manor. It's been five years since I was last in this room, my room. It's not Jason's room, it became mine right before I left. I feel awkward, I definitely should have picked another day to come here, preferably not a day where the usual quiet drab manor has been turned into a hotel for superheroes to use for the rest of the week. 

Thanks to my appearance, Wally is staying for the rest of the week and not leaving, as scheduled earlier, tomorrow. Barry's gonna leave but he's definitely going to be visiting throughout the week. Clark wanted to extend his stay but he decided not to, so he'll be flying out tomorrow morning. 

Wanda is staying, Oliver Queen won't be allowed. Diana is here till the day after tomorrow, Nightwing is staying until further notice apparently, and Jason is as well. 

I didn't know just my appearance had so much pull.

I touch the empty windowsills. There are two photo frames missing from here, those are packed in my bags. I have yet to remove them from the suffocating darkness of the duffel bag.

"You aren't leaving right?"

I spin on my heel, Tim. I grin, "I was thinking of slipping out again once people stop watching me like a criminal ready to run."

"To be fair," Tim starts, venturing deeper into my room, "You did run away, and you kind of fit the criminal description."

"Hey!" I pout, "I just came back, for all you know, you could be the new reason behind me running away!"

Tim rolls his eyes, "If you can't handle my comments, I assure you, you won't be able to handle being back here... ever since Jason's been back the manor's less quiet and calm, even though that man baby is supposed to be living in his own apartment."

I smile, "You don't like having two big bros doting on you?"

"Dick lives in Bludhaven and yet he finds some way to call me every hour," Tim grumbles, "Jason's physically here and it's harder to ignore him, but he doesn't dote on me, probably bullies me more like."

I pat Tim's back, "I can't believe that you're letting that dumbass bully you!"

"Have you seen his arms?" Tim scoffs, "It's like he has fucking anacondas in his arm like some fucked up Popeye."

I snicker, "Ask Wally to mess with him or something."

"Wally tried!" Tim exclaims, "Damned Popeye caught him before he could run away, for being superpowered, Wally's physical power is the equivalent of a stick."

"He'll be delighted to hear that."

"I've informed him of it multiple times."

I smile, Tim shifts from one foot to another. He's awkward, I'm awkward. Fuck sake. I tilt my head, "You have something to say, Timmy?"